Newcastle Away.

spanishknight

2 points were on offer and we brought the maximum we could back home, job done. It's the business end of the season for a lot of clubs, like Newcastle trying to stay up and other teams fighting for the play-offs. We've still got a very slim chance and i'd never say never, so lets see what the last few games bring. I can see a few twists and turns yet.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

hats off to hendo , working wonders with a patched up squad every week , well done to all .

Considering all the turmoil what with the initial injuries and then players getting crocked along the way the guys have done amazingly well, quarter final of the Challenge Cup, Semi of the 1895 and still in with a shout of the play offs I can’t see how anyone can complain. We have a squad where most weeks we are turning out steam where half the players are under 20, and the rest are invariably playing out of position, except for the props, it is amazing really. Well done guys.

• Like 12

21 hours ago, DEANO said:

Good result. Lot of young kids out there tonight. Probably not but play offs not out of the question. Would have taken this league position 6 weeks ago. No reason why we can’t win last 4 games

After we had been beaten by Whitehaven i seriously thought we could get relegated,but the Halifax game seemed to start kick start the belief into the squad and from that performance we haven't really looked back and that's credit to the players and coaching staff,still a big ask if we can actually make the play-offs as we are relying on teams above us losing and would have settled for this position in the league if we had been offered this after the Whitehaven game.

• Like 1

If you talk to anyone in the know, it's very apparent that we have a squad of players who care.

I think there was a worry that with Hendo inheriting Fordy's squad that some of the players might not make the transition and apply

themselves and that has very much not been the case and the coaching staff deserve mountains of credit for that as well as the lads themselves.

We might not make the playoffs but the lads are trying like hell to get us there, despite the injury hoodoo.

• Like 13