Good news for fans of RL in big cities

Eddie

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Trust me when i say that there aren't any clubs from the UK or France or anywhere else wanting to join League 1

There is at least one, but even so they need some support from the RFL if it’s to ever work. 

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

There is at least one, but even so they need some support from the RFL if it’s to ever work. 

I haven't heard that, and if they expect some support from the RFL they will be disappointed

My advice to them or any other team who wants to join League 1 is don't bother as the RFL will put loads of obstacles in their way

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

There isn’t any framework set up to my knowledge at the RFL to help any new clubs wanting to enter the ‘semi professional’ league. At least there wasn’t when Coventry Bears joined in 2015. I doubt much, if anything, has changed in the last eight years.

14 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

There are currently 58 mens teams in France + Dragons and Toulouse.

Have fond memories of a TV match in Lyon in 1999 attended by Madame Bufet communist minister of sport in the Jospin government.

12 were invited to the pre match lunch and around 40 turned up you can guess who paid the bill:(

More fool them. They should have catered for twelve and let the hangers on pay for their own.

7 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

There isn’t any framework set up to my knowledge at the RFL to help any new clubs wanting to enter the ‘semi professional’ league. At least there wasn’t when Coventry Bears joined in 2015. I doubt much, if anything, has changed in the last eight years.

There is no route in the IMG framework, covering all leagues and gradings, that the clubs have adopted for any new club to join at any level.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 01/09/2023 at 19:56, ATLANTISMAN said:

There are currently 58 mens teams in France + Dragons and Toulouse.

Which is down from ~75 pre-pandemic. We're approaching the point (possibly past it) where less than half of the RL clubs in mainland Europe are in France.

What's happened to this website gentlemen?

The home page hasn't changed in almost a week.

Is everything ok at Total RL HQ?