The NRL Finals - Week 1 Thread

I hope the Knights win.

However if Fogarty does actually make a field goal the line is:

"Fogarty kick ensures there's a bad moon on the rise in Newcastle tonight."...

Instead he kicks out on the full.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

7 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

I hope the Knights win.

However if Fogarty does actually make a field goal the line is:

"Fogarty kick ensures there's a bad moon on the rise in Newcastle tonight."...

Instead he kicks out on the full.

Well they did it and it was a nice watch with you mate (apologies for the spelling errors on the players, yes, I’ve read too much Guardian! Haha)

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Well they did it and it was a nice watch with you mate

Like to see the Knights or Warriors go all the way..

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

12 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What a shame Sky cutaway from all the post match festivities.

You do question how much they care about the coverage at times.

Great game nonetheless.

Yes I don't understand that either. Whenever they show the Super Rugger or division 3 south Rugger from  New Zealand they usually have experts in the studio..

Wtf is this Sky Tennis channel I have returned home to. Wimbledon is over nobody cares. I don't ever care when Wimbledon is on. Like to see the viewing figures for that.

Contract with Sky is ending soon seriously thinking of getting rid.

Raiders had the chances but couldn't take them. Another thriller.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Yes I don't understand that either. Whenever they show the Super Rugger or division 3 south Rugger from  New Zealand they usually have experts in the studio..

Wtf is this Sky Tennis channel I have returned home to. Wimbledon is over nobody cares. I don't ever care when Wimbledon is on. Like to see the viewing figures for that.

Contract with Sky is ending soon seriously thinking of getting rid.

Ah that’ll be the wall to wall coverage of the US Open they’ve been doing.

I suppose it is the last of the 4 Grand Slam events and one of the few they hold the rights on.

I must admit I only have casual knowledge of how it’s been going.

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Ah that’ll be the wall to wall coverage of the US Open they’ve been doing.

I suppose it is the last of the 4 Grand Slam events and one of the few they hold the rights on.

I must admit I only have casual knowledge of how it’s been going.

I thought Eurosport always showed the US Open. No matter don't want to derail the thread.

Will be interested to see how the Americsns take to the two games being played in Vegas suppose it will depend on the coverage the games receive.

5 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

I thought Eurosport always showed the US Open. No matter don't want to derail the thread.

Will be interested to see how the Americsns take to the two games being played in Vegas suppose it will depend on the coverage the games receive.

Yes, will be interesting to follow, I’m skeptical it will be a success as most sports fans over there already have dedicated followings of college or pro teams (or both) as you know.

The battle for column inches, airtime, social media will be immense.

I noticed the ads for it this morning in Australia seemed to be hoping many Aussie fans would flock there for Vegas fun.

I don’t know how much that costs though for the average NRL fan in Australia and New Zealand.