The NRL Finals - Week 1 Thread

29 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

What do you put the improvement down to? Has Kevvie improved or have the players just matured? Mind, Walsh had had a bit of an impact

As usual, it is probably a bit of everything. Walsh and Reynolds have done what they were signed to do, but there are players who were stinking the place out a couple of years ago who seem to have turned into very different athletes and characters. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well well . The Broncos were good , the Storm were unbelievably bad . They also got drummed by most of the decisions on top of that . Even worse is to lose , be awful and get injuries , so it couldn’t have been much worse . And I’d tipped them as well 

Edited by DavidM

My main concern out of that game is the injury to Ryan Papenhuyzen.

It’s misery piled on misery for him. I know the club will support him, but the poor lad has only just come through what could have been a career ending injury to then have to be stretchered off again.

Sad, very sad.

• Like 1

GWdErp0.jpeg 
Only in Rugby League!
The Australian Rugby League Forum

55 minutes ago, Graham said:

My main concern out of that game is the injury to Ryan Papenhuyzen.

It’s misery piled on misery for him. I know the club will support him, but the poor lad has only just come through what could have been a career ending injury to then have to be stretchered off again.

Sad, very sad.

His ankle was sticking out of his sock . That must have smarted a tad 

5 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

What do you put the improvement down to? Has Kevvie improved or have the players just matured? Mind, Walsh had had a bit of an impact

Adam Reynolds ….a huge factor. They had the kids coming through but no leadership. Also something changed on defence….more mindset than new players so that must be down to coaching changes.

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Few in this Brisbane side know what it's like to beat the Storm, let alone nil them.

One of the greatest turnarounds in form I've ever seen, when you remember how absolutely rotten they were only a couple of seasons ago.

Heard a comment late in the match that since Brisbane had played in their many Finals matches they had never nilled an opponent.

Melbourne's key spine players all had a pretty poor game.

Penrith leading 20:0 at half time, and I can't see the Warriors getting back into this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A beauty of a try from the Warriors. At least they won't get nilled.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

PEN 32:6 WAR at FT, and it never really looked in doubt, to be honest.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gorgeous pass from Hynes to send Katoa in, and the Roosters are discombobulated enough to let him improve the touchdown position. But Trindall still misses the conversion.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Intense match, and the Roosters came close to scoring a few times, but blew their chances.

Cronulla 6:0 up at HT.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joseph Sua'ali'i has not returned in the second half, and Billy Smith is going off looking groggy. Roosters need to re-jig.

And Joey Manu goes in at the corner. Converted for 6 all.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Manu's hobbling with what looks like a recurrence of his hamstring issue. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Manu's gone off, and now Tedesco's been sin-binned. Drama!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Siua Wong, conversion for Billy Smith, 12 all!

I don't support either team, but I'm running out of fingernails.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great DG by Sam Walker, considering the pressure.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazing. A win against the odds, but at what cost?

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson