Rumours, Losses and Signings

Mark

So far we know we have lost Kenny Baker (Rochdale) we have heard we have lost Rhodri, Butty and Gregson to Widnes and Louis brogan to Leigh

Have heard that Roby is turning his back on York to sign for Swinton and that Bennion and Gibson have signed on for another year while Romeo hasnt been offered another contract

Edited by Mark

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Yes Badrock accepted a contract for next year. Lloyd and butt will give you 100% each week and Gregson has been an enigma I think, but he has been moved all round the pitch playing stand off, hooker. Second row and loose. Loose is definitely his position 

Joe Lowe has accepted an offer to play in France 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Surprised Romeo hasn't been offered a contract, if true having Roby next season is great, also heard that Lepori and Abram are staying, hope Hall, Rodden, Case and Cox also stay. 

I know I am like a broken record but we really do need an established standoff to play along side Gibson, we have struggled all season and Gregson is not a standoff but a loose forward with a good pair of hands

I am also very surprise that Lloyd, Butt and Gregson have decided to leave. Brogan will do well at Leigh and has all the talent to be a regular in their team.

Gregson announced he was leaving on his twitter account Sunday night 

mark.gif

Think both would be great pick ups for you guys, Brad unfortunately has too many better players ahead of him and just needs regular game time, as for Davies gives nothing but 100% probably the most unfortunate to be released but at the same time if we are to improve ourselves we need an improvement

Totally agree about another stand off, Hatton would need to come back on less money then he was on first time around. Would like Holroyd and Davies back as well 

mark.gif

hatton has gone to Keighley according to one of our groups on facebook 

mark.gif

George Roby first swinton signing for 2024

• Like 4

mark.gif

The big priority for next season is getting Gibson tied down. He was Swinton’s best and most consistent player and swept all the awards up deservedly.

The next priority is getting someone to partner him. I could probably count 10 players who played with him this season. 

Teams can see it too. Whitehaven put an extra defender on his side of the field so no wonder scoring points was hard work.

Worryingly I know 100% Gibson has not signed up yet. Not to say he won’t but it’s far from done with other clubs interested in him. Now roby has signed that needs to be the next priority for the board.

Edited by Albion
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 22:03, Albion said:

The big priority for next season is getting Gibson tied down. He was Swinton’s best and most consistent player and swept all the awards up deservedly.

The next priority is getting someone to partner him. I could probably count 10 players who played with him this season. 

Teams can see it too. Whitehaven put an extra defender on his side of the field so no wonder scoring points was hard work.

Worryingly I know 100% Gibson has not signed up yet. Not to say he won’t but it’s far from done with other clubs interested in him. Now roby has signed that needs to be the next priority for the board.

Barrow rumoured to have made approach for Gibson 

Lloyd. Gregson, butt, baker and brogan all confirmed as leaving this morning 

mark.gif

On 26/09/2023 at 17:00, wayner said:

Surprised Romeo hasn't been offered a contract, if true having Roby next season is great, also heard that Lepori and Abram are staying, hope Hall, Rodden, Case and Cox also stay. 

I know I am like a broken record but we really do need an established standoff to play along side Gibson, we have struggled all season and Gregson is not a standoff but a loose forward with a good pair of hands

I am also very surprise that Lloyd, Butt and Gregson have decided to leave. Brogan will do well at Leigh and has all the talent to be a regular in their team.

Has Gibson signed? His name was mentioned in the Barrow forum as a possible target.  

Eaves and Abram confirmed for next year 

mark.gif

Cox and Bennion todays resignings 

• Like 1

mark.gif

Romeo gone, shame that as I thought he improved massively towards the end of the season 

mark.gif