Fittler "steps down" as Blues coach

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-28/blues-brad-fittler-agree-to-part-ways/102914394

"Steps down," "agrees to part ways," "considers other employment opportunities." Basically, he was punted. I'm not sure why. His record  is OK:

2018: Series won 2-1

2019: Series won 2-1

2020: Series lost 2-1

2021: Series won 2-1

2022: Series lost 2-1

2023: Series lost 2-1

Total: 18 games - nine wins, nine losses

Three series wins 

Nobody could have delivered 6 straight NSW series wins. When I look at the 2 losses this year, I would probably have picked the same teams. I've never been a coach but I don't think someone like Payne Haas or Junior Paulo needs a coach to explain their roles to them. Nathan Cleary doesn't need some rocket scientist to explain how footy works.

I don't know who the obvious candidate is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-28/blues-brad-fittler-agree-to-part-ways/102914394

"Steps down," "agrees to part ways," "considers other employment opportunities." Basically, he was punted. I'm not sure why. His record  is OK:

2018: Series won 2-1

2019: Series won 2-1

2020: Series lost 2-1

2021: Series won 2-1

2022: Series lost 2-1

2023: Series lost 2-1

Total: 18 games - nine wins, nine losses

Three series wins 

Nobody could have delivered 6 straight NSW series wins. When I look at the 2 losses this year, I would probably have picked the same teams. I've never been a coach but I don't think someone like Payne Haas or Junior Paulo needs a coach to explain their roles to them. Nathan Cleary doesn't need some rocket scientist to explain how footy works.

I don't know who the obvious candidate is.

Yes, just two days after applying for his position to be extended. It will all come out in the wash.

On 28/09/2023 at 16:23, Graham said:

Matty Johns said on Thursday he believes the Blues should look to either Craig Bellamy or Ricky Stuart.

I don’t see Bellyache wanting the job, maybe wrong.

Bellyache said a few weeks ago he’s not interested

On 50%, Fittler's done better than I expected, to be fair.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson