Georgia

Played at the Mikheil Meskhi Stadium,home of Lokomotiv Tblisi.

It was a strange one...big crowd on what was Georgia Independence day but the crowd was also split into various political groups with various party flags and banners flying. It actually kicked off in the stands at one stage with riot police having to separate fighting groups.

Nothing to do with the rugby I may add.

The Dutch were treat like premier league football stars with police outriders taking the team bus through crowds lining the streets of the city and after the game, on the way to the official reception, the team were presented on stage in the city center to a massive crowd enjoying the Independence day party.

Hospitality was second to none ...the Georgians could get you anything   ..so they told us.🙃

Must be up their as one of the best  rugby experiences.

A big opportunity lost.

• Like 3

If somehow Georgia could get going in RL again, it could be a huge opportunity seeing as RU seemingly won't relegate from the 6N even if Georgia won the World Cup.

(Obviously in RL the issue is whether there will actually be a World Cup, but moving on...)

If a team was formed you'd assume Balkan Super League would be the target?

• Like 1

Just off to the airport shortly wonderful trip.

Well interesting last night had a few drinks with 2 that were involved in Georgia RL way back (Now involved in Union) I really wanted to do a blog however out of respect agreed to keep their names out of it due to repercussions (Yes even here there a are few RU loyalists who would take offence and their social lives would take a hit which i fully understand)

Basically the Georgian RU is skint only money from the WC has kept it going however its desperate for investment.

It would take vision organisation people on the ground and loads of internationals to switch many over apart from a few players abroad mainly France there is little money.

Big bug bearer is no entry for them into the 6 nations which is why if RL ever got going again it would need plenty of internationals.

Managed to hook my laptop in the bar to the TV to show SOR 3 last night locals were amazed:)

Keep flying the flag folks:)

Paul

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well interesting last night had a few drinks with 2 that were involved in Georgia RL way back (Now involved in Union) I really wanted to do a blog however out of respect agreed to keep their names out of it due to repercussions (Yes even here there a are few RU loyalists who would take offence and their social lives would take a hit which i fully understand)

Basically the Georgian RU is skint only money from the WC has kept it going however its desperate for investment.

It would take vision organisation people on the ground and loads of internationals to switch many over apart from a few players abroad mainly France there is little money.

Big bug bearer is no entry for them into the 6 nations which is why if RL ever got going again it would need plenty of internationals.

Managed to hook my laptop in the bar to the TV to show SOR 3 last night locals were amazed:)

Paul

Does union in Georgia still get a lot of support from that multi millionaire private investor?

5 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

If only I had a unlimted amount of money (think a mix of Bezo, Musk, Twiggy etc) I be in it like a shot along with other Union hotbeds that are sadly overlooked.