Trinity on sunday

georgeb1

On 07/02/2024 at 19:37, georgeb1 said:

Trinity struggled to win a game in super league last year plus they lost a few stars in the off season , so yes I was shocked at how good they were .

Trinity's squad (and budget) has improved considerably on their 2023 roster. 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 21:05, Gav Wilson said:

Trinity's squad (and budget) has improved considerably on their 2023 roster. 

It's interesting how often in recent years a team transitioning between the Championship and SL (either way) has had a stronger team in the Championship than their SL counterpart the year after or before.

I would say for instance that

Toulouse's Championship team in 2021 (with Casty, Sangare and Garbutt in the pack, and Ford and Kheirallah in the backs) was stronger than their 2022 SL team.

Leigh's Championship team in 2022 was vastly stronger than their (hastily-assembled) SL team in 2021.

As well as Wakefield's squad this year probably being stronger than last year's, it looks like London's 2024 SL squad will be weaker than the one they finished 2023 with, given two of their standout performers Norman and Whare are gone and especially with their early-season rash of injuries. It's remarkable how changing circumstances can put teams in much stronger/weaker positions when they change divisions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's interesting how often in recent years a team transitioning between the Championship and SL (either way) has had a stronger team in the Championship than their SL counterpart the year after or before.

Toulouse's Championship team in 2021 (with Casty, Sangare and Garbutt in the pack, and Ford and Kheirallah in the backs) was stronger than their 2022 SL team.

Leigh's Championship team in 2022 was vastly stronger than their (hastily-assembled) SL team in 2021.

As well as Wakefield's squad this year probably being stronger than last year's, it looks like London's 2024 SL squad will be weaker than the one they finished 2023 with, given two of their standout performers Norman and Whare are gone and especially with their early-season rash of injuries. It's remarkable how changing circumstances can put teams in much stronger/weaker positions when they change divisions.

Interesting how fev put together a squad every year capable of competing in SL the following year....

10 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Interesting how fev put together a squad every year capable of competing in SL the following year....

😂

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think this shows the unfair advantage off the clubs gaining promotion by the time they have been promoted the majority of players have been signed up for super league and your left with the scraps. Also the better players in your team the ex super league players have stepped down a level to pursue a career after playing full time and don’t want to go back full time for maybe 1-2 years.

The advantage Wakefield have it looks like there going to be promoted through the IMG grading but they would most probably win promotion anyway but it gives them the luxury of been able to plan for next season already which is fantastic if your a Wakefield supporter. 

For me i can understand they want to improve facilities and make the clubs better stronger and hopefully will make things good in the long run but ultimately promotion should be won on the pitch for me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, only 2 weeks away said:

No. It's one of those "why would a fan of a different team post on another clubs forum, they must be trolling" posts?

🤷

I'm a supporter of a different team but also have a general interest in RL especially relating to the Championship. I post on lots of clubs' forums about general RL issues without mentioning my own club and I'm not really sure why you brought my club into the discussion.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, DEANO said:

As far as I know anyone can post on any club forums

And so they should , it's about RL opinions and a general interest in the game as a whole 

• Like 7