Trinity on sunday

georgeb1

Should be a great game be interesting if he goes with his best team or gives players who didn't play last weekend some game time ,no point risking players if not 100% fit this early in the season.

25 minutes ago, Puk said:

Should be a great game be interesting if he goes with his best team or gives players who didn't play last weekend some game time ,no point risking players if not 100% fit this early in the season.

As much as I agree I think Hendo will also have in the back of his mind that the 1895 Cup carries IMG points, I think it unlikely we will top this group but we should be the best 2nd placed team as long as we don’t ship a load of points on Sunday. You never know, we might beat them. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Expatknight said:

As much as I agree I think Hendo will also have in the back of his mind that the 1895 Cup carries IMG points, I think it unlikely we will top this group but we should be the best 2nd placed team as long as we don’t ship a load of points on Sunday. You never know, we might beat them. 

100% this. Clint was very clear on Radio York the other night that because of IMG the 1895 cup now has greater significance than the Challenge Cup for the club. Kind of insinuated that when it comes to team selection the CC will very much take a backseat in Hendo's thinking.

Edited by JonT
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

trying to be all fancy pants on social meeja and it just looks amateurish,  just give us a list of players, preferably in position order.

100% this and i replied as such on Twitter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cam varley said:

Not against resting some of our big hitters dagger hingano etc aslong as we don’t get pumped it’s likely we’ll go through as 2nd best team

Even having the best points difference is no guarantee of going through as the best placed runners up if we lose on Sunday. If any team who won their first game should draw their second game, they will have 3 points and if we do lose, then we are out. Best solution is to win, or draw, on Sunday.

Edited by HaxbyKnight

Bit disappointed there's a few names missing as I was looking forward to seeing them play and I thought we would really go for this as a win would put a marker down and set the standards for the season.  Its a low key competition but a win would be a real statement. I can understand why Hendos picked that squad though and there is still a very good 17 there which is more than capable of giving wakefield a real test. I thought the Dewsbury game would be the one to give the youngsters a run out.

Very much agree about the social media squad announcements,  just want a simple readable list so I can see instantly who's there without having to watch it 5 times and make notes.

• Like 1

It sounds like me not being into social media has it's plusses judging by the complaints on here. If you just want a straight forward list of players in this weeks squad just look on the Knights website and that's what you get.

Edited by Clarence Street
Correction
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rich f said:

Bit disappointed there's a few names missing as I was looking forward to seeing them play and I thought we would really go for this as a win would put a marker down and set the standards for the season.  Its a low key competition but a win would be a real statement. I can understand why Hendos picked that squad though and there is still a very good 17 there which is more than capable of giving wakefield a real test. I thought the Dewsbury game would be the one to give the youngsters a run out.

Very much agree about the social media squad announcements,  just want a simple readable list so I can see instantly who's there without having to watch it 5 times and make notes.

If you watch it 5 times that’s 5 img points

• Haha 4

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

12 hours ago, rich f said:

Our media team produce some fantastic stuff. Just think, that on this occasion, it missed the mark somewhat. https://www.yorkrlfc.com/post/knights-name-preliminary-squad-for-home-opener-against-wakefield

• Like 1

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

6 hours ago, White Knight said:

Our media team produce some fantastic stuff. Just think, that on this occasion, it missed the mark somewhat. https://www.yorkrlfc.com/post/knights-name-preliminary-squad-for-home-opener-against-wakefield

Totally agree. I think our social media output is outstanding and getting better, im really impressed with it. But this new way of doing squad announcements is just annoying and my only complaint really. 

• Like 2

To be fair I think everyone expected this result today we were beaten up in the forwards and as a result our backs were on the back foot with no space to play.

Wakefield are a super league side in all aspects they have remained full time and probably strengthened there squad from last year and it showed against us. I thought we dug in after a disastrous start and battled to the end .

I thought Jack Teanby drove the ball well and we have players to come in as well and after todays results baring Bradford and keighley drawing we should qualify.

Very disappointing today. Wakefield are a very good side but we're also a lot better than today's showing. Everything was off today. We played down the middle, the tackling and defence was poor and some of the passes were just hopeful and all over the place. Hopefully we've got the bad performance out of the way and can move on. I didn't expect us to win today but I thought we'd be a lot better than that.

Wakefield were a yard quicker in everything they did. In the end, I thought we stuck to our task well afer a disastrous opening 15 minutes. Conceded a couple of very soft tries, but we won't be playing Wakefield every week. One big difference, Wakey ran straight with the ball, leaving space for their outside backs, whereas we moved the ball sideways without making any ground. Not too disappointed, but there is a lot of work to do if we want to be competitive this season.

• Like 1

Full strength Wakey side, Super League in all but name, full time and a budget three times greater than their nearest rival and it showed. They were bigger and faster, not only with the ball but in their thought process too. However, apart from a couple of soft tries you couldn’t question the effort from the Knights, and they never gave up. One or two positions need bolstering and our lack of size in the pack showed. Still players to come in and Hendo has stated he is using these pre league games like pre season. I don’t think we will be that far away against the majority of Championship teams come the start of the season proper. I can’t see anyone getting even close to Wakefield though, not even Fev or Toulouse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

Very poor today, as good as wakey are we were poor. Our first proper hit out so it's too early to start moaning.....

But you have

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

Very poor today, as good as wakey are we were poor. Our first proper hit out so it's too early to start moaning.....

not really too early , Trin will walk this league no one will come close but we must aspire to be better, must get the tackling sorted it was woefull at times , what happened to one up top one round the legs . thankfully we won,t meet that standard week in week out but we must get the basics correct if we are to challenge top six this coming season 

• Like 1