Trinity on sunday

georgeb1

How many more times are we going to see Brown at full back, and Harrison on the wing? They are far better players in their proper positions, and the number of tries we concede down our right side because these two are not in the correct position is worrying. it isn't their fault, they play where they are picked. Also worrying is how we manage to concede a try in the last minute of every game.

• Like 4

Poor first half performance with the ball and defensively we were very soft,thought second half we were much better,but still need another prop with a bit of size as our best go forward is playing at 13.

Full time pros against a very youthful York. I’d have expected our strongest team to struggle but once they adapted to the pace of the game they didn’t do too bad. Bottom line is wakey we’re bigger faster stronger and mid skilful and do they should be

• Like 3

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 02/02/2024 at 15:12, only 2 weeks away said:

trying to be all fancy pants on social meeja and it just looks amateurish,  just give us a list of players, preferably in position order.

I agree. Gives me headache.

• Like 1

We were 24-0 down before we got any sort of a foothold and that was down to Teanbo and Tommo upping the effort.

I had a bloke who knows a lot about RL and can analyse a game very quickly sat next to me and he was crying out for us to attack Wakey's left side where Luke Gale was but we kept going the other way where there was a fair old degree of hesitancy in the decision making and speed of pass.

Tell how strong Wakey's side was - how long is it since you saw numbers 1-13 start!

Hendo didnt seem too downbeat afterwards.

We should employ a sniper when Walmsley plays against us. 😉

Worst disaster was I couldn't find the Jammie Dodgers at half time!!

Anybody notice there were no radio comms between the officials today?  Gerry Kershaw was timekeeper today and explained that the company that did it previously lost the contract but there is, as yet, no replacement so it's all hand signals between ref, touchies, timekeeper. Hope to hell nobody tries swatting a wasp when the weather improves. 😁

Got some quality backs to come in, some sooner than others.  We’ve got the new loanee in the forwards (only a youngster and for how long?) plus Ronan and Bailey (not for a while). That’s it (I’m talking bulky forwards not Daley, good though he is). We’ve lost Kirmond, Clarkson and PP (if you want to count him). Forwards hardly set the division alight last year. Given the forwards squad, why do people expect this year to be different in the middle? Guess we’ll just have to see. Assuming we beat Dewsbury, Sheffield will be a good marker. 

24 minutes ago, andyacko said:

We were 24-0 down before we got any sort of a foothold and that was down to Teanbo and Tommo upping the effort.

I had a bloke who knows a lot about RL and can analyse a game very quickly sat next to me and he was crying out for us to attack Wakey's left side where Luke Gale was but we kept going the other way where there was a fair old degree of hesitancy in the decision making and speed of pass.

Tell how strong Wakey's side was - how long is it since you saw numbers 1-13 start!

Hendo didnt seem too downbeat afterwards.

We should employ a sniper when Walmsley plays against us. 😉

Worst disaster was I couldn't find the Jammie Dodgers at half time!!

Anybody notice there were no radio comms between the officials today?  Gerry Kershaw was timekeeper today and explained that the company that did it previously lost the contract but there is, as yet, no replacement so it's all hand signals between ref, touchies, timekeeper. Hope to hell nobody tries swatting a wasp when the weather improves. 😁

With regard to the timekeeper and the hooter didn’t the hooter blow and they had a play the ball after this and scored I know it did not make any difference to the result but in a tight game could be a nightmare.

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

How many more times are we going to see Brown at full back, and Harrison on the wing? They are far better players in their proper positions, and the number of tries we concede down our right side because these two are not in the correct position is worrying. it isn't their fault, they play where they are picked. Also worrying is how we manage to concede a try in the last minute of every game.

Absolutely spot on, Harrison myles better at fb than Brown, and vice versa. Oli Field and Thompson stood out for me today.

49 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Same as most people are saying.....

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion. Just pointing out that your moaning when you said you wasn’t 😁

23 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion. Just pointing out that your moaning when you said you wasn’t 😁

Saying we were poor isn't moaning, it's a statement of fact, look around the comments🤷

Edited by Nige Arro
Regret

Knights fans have been saying since last season that we need to have  2 more prop forwards with added size for this season,   but that has not eventuated, just about every time we suffer a heavy defeat the synopsis is the opposition forwards we're bigger faster, stronger than ours.

Personally I think if the Knights are to remain really competitive in this league, we need a bigger pack.

2 hours ago, yorkinoz said:

Knights fans have been saying since last season that we need to have  2 more prop forwards with added size for this season,   but that has not eventuated, just about every time we suffer a heavy defeat the synopsis is the opposition forwards we're bigger faster, stronger than ours.

Personally I think if the Knights are to remain really competitive in this league, we need a bigger pack.

Probably not a bigger pack , just smarter , running better lines , varying the attack structure, and certainly improve tackling technique.

2 hours ago, yorkinoz said:

I agree, to a point, however, Teanby and Santi matched up against the Trinity forwards and never took a step back, Ta’ai did for a period but he is getting on a bit and Thomson is just Thomson, however, when you look at the rest of the squad we do lack size.For example, look at Mcgilveray, a winger who is built like a forward but with the pace of a winger up against  a kid like AJ Towse, I know AJ is strong but Mcgilveray is big too and it is the same throughout the team, they were bigger, stronger and faster,, but then again as full time professionals they should be. Pauli Pauli fulfilled that roll for us , when he played, we could do with another like him, but with better fitness and technique so he didn’t spend 3/4 of the season in the dressing room. We should come into our own on dry large pitches against the majority of Championship teams.

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Probably not a bigger pack , just smarter , running better lines , varying the attack structure, and certainly improve tackling technique.

Sorry, John. Fordy had a season in the C'sp where he thought a mobile, lighter pack was the key - didn't work.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Size does matter. Anybody who went to Odsal for the play off game last season will tell you it was the big Bradford forwards who ran all over us. A big pack definitely makes a difference.

I get your point but nobody ran all over us in the preceding 10/11 games. Sometimes teams just play better than you

21 minutes ago, DEANO said:

I get your point but nobody ran all over us in the preceding 10/11 games. Sometimes teams just play better than you

I agree, but for 20 minutes we were the better team at Odsal. We were in the lead and in control, but then they brought the big lads off the bench and they dominated us for the rest of the game. I thought all our middles put a big shift in on Sunday, but we need a big hairy ar**d forward who can break a few tackles and make some ground.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DEANO said:

Fair point , I think we and probably the players were shocked how good Wakefield were just as good and dominant as Leigh a couple of seasons ago

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Fair point , I think we and probably the players were shocked how good Wakefield were just as good and dominant as Leigh a couple of seasons ago

I don’t know why we or the players should be shocked at how Trinity played, they are full time, just come down from Super League and a budget way way in excess of anyone else in the Championship, I can’t see anyone getting close to them this season, the team they put out against us was their first choice if you go by the shirt numbers, I am surprised they didn’t score more points to be honest.

6 hours ago, Expatknight said:

I don’t know why we or the players should be shocked at how Trinity played, they are full time, just come down from Super League and a budget way way in excess of anyone else in the Championship, I can’t see anyone getting close to them this season, the team they put out against us was their first choice if you go by the shirt numbers, I am surprised they didn’t score more points to be honest.

Agreed

7 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Trinity struggled to win a game in super league last year plus they lost a few stars in the off season , so yes I was shocked at how good they were .

It was interesting to watch Daryl Powell's post match interview on You Tube. I thought even he sounded a bit suprised at how well Trinity played, especially in the first 20 minutes. I think his words went something like "yes, we were actually perfect in that first 20 minutes". I don't think I can recall ever hearing a coach say that. They usually have a crib about something, however minor a detail it may be.

Edited by Clarence Street
  • Like 2