Interest in Oldham in the media

sheddingswasus

34 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Was it ever thus! Back in the day we had the A team . Players would then be called accordingly. Charlie and Roundy being first choice second row, then when needed Newton and Allen would be called up. We have a 28 man squad, someone is going to lose out, it happens and to intimate that there is unrest , at this stage, is just daft.

Correct and the season hasn't even started yet, 🤔👍🏉

• Like 2

Agreed everyone is entitled to free speech,I’m trying to explain not criticise, if I was part of the board and I saw all the negative comments and criticism which so quickly gets put on here without the full picture I would be very frustrated and angry, the club is changing for the better if you think not then show me why and  where? The work that is going into to give us the fans the best chance of promotion and the feedback and support that has been missing for 25 years plus is incredible.

we need to all pull together not jump on negativity without the full picture so quickly, yes the new board may make mistakes but not out of a lack of care more a want to progress this club as fast as possible in every direction for the better and for us the fans, will everyone buy into it and be happy I doubt very much, come on all true supporters of this club join together in a positive way. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, OLDHAM1876 said:

Agreed everyone is entitled to free speech,I’m trying to explain not criticise, if I was part of the board and I saw all the negative comments and criticism which so quickly gets put on here without the full picture I would be very frustrated and angry, the club is changing for the better if you think not then show me why and  where? The work that is going into to give us the fans the best chance of promotion and the feedback and support that has been missing for 25 years plus is incredible.

we need to all pull together not jump on negativity without the full picture so quickly, yes the new board may make mistakes but not out of a lack of care more a want to progress this club as fast as possible in every direction for the better and for us the fans, will everyone buy into it and be happy I doubt very much, come on all true supporters of this club join together in a positive way. 

Agree with the sentiment but the reality is that the vast majority of comments on here have quite rightly been overwhelmingly positive. There has been a huge amount of praise for the new board. However, that doesn’t earn them immunity from fair criticism and certainly not from opinion that differs to their own. The previous owner went down that road and look where it got us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oldham123 said:

I’m just asking a question, it’s been the same team every week and it seems like it’s all the players from last year getting left out which is a shame, similar to the situation with Dave, no one wants to see those who have been loyal to the club pushed aside 

If I was oldham coach I would have done the same as Longy.  Get the same team rolling at the start of the season, get a good cup run in the 1895 and CC with the same team and start to give some of the other players a chance in some of the early less risky league games. They then get a chance to prove themselves 👍

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, thecrab said:

If I was oldham coach I would have done the same as Longy.  Get the same team rolling at the start of the season, get a good cup run in the 1895 and CC with the same team and start to give some of the other players a chance in some of the early less risky league games. They then get a chance to prove themselves 👍

Spot on

The objective of sport is to win games by playing your strongest team. The squad players have had opportunities against Keighley & London & did well but this is the hardest run of games we’ll have all season. There’ll be plenty of game time for everyone with injuries, suspension & needing to rest some of the older players against the likes of Newcastle, Cornwall etc. 

• Like 3