NRL Tipping Competition Round 1 2024 RESULTS POSTED; Awards Presented

NRL Round 1 2024 Poll   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will produce the biggest margin of victory?

• Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs
    • Roosters v Broncos
    • Knights v Raiders
    • Warriors v Sharks
    • Storm v Panthers
    • Eels v Bulldogs
    • Titans v Dragons
    • Dolphins v Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/24 at 02:30

457EBwk.png

WELCOME to your NRL Tipping Competition 2024 

This is our first tipping competition the new season. Hope you had an enjoyable off season!
Everyone reading this is welcome to enter the competition and the ones that follow each week throughout the season culminating in the Grand Final. 
Whether you've taken part before or you fancy having a go this season for the first time you're guaranteed a warm welcome.

Entries are allowed each week up until the kick off of the first game in the round.

You can enter every week (hopefully) or occasionally
N.B. The first game of the season is on SUNDAY, 3rd March in Las Vegas 

with the remaining matches of the round following next Thursday 7th March onwards - it's a tricky tipping start then!

Fixtures:

3tf2Pwe.pngIt70YdA.pngAEDT

Bye: Tigers

UK Kick off times

1) Sunday 2:30am ! (2) Sunday 4:30am (3) Thurs 9:00am (4) Friday 7:00am (5) Friday 9:05 am (6) Saturday 6:30am (7) Saturday 8:35am (8) Sunday 5:05am

I'm using WatchNRL again this season so can watch the ones I fancy which kick off at unearthly times using the replay option when it's more convenient.

ROUND 1 QUESTIONS:

Just:

1. Name the 8 winning teams.

2. How many points will be scored by all the teams added together in R1? (Used as tie breaker for Q1 - Champion Tipster award)

3. How many HOME wins will there be in the round? (When a game is played on the road the first team  is taken as the home team.)

4. Poll: Which game will produce the biggest margin of victory? Enter in your post and also at the top of the topic.

Entries welcome until the first game of the round kicks off this Sunday 3rd March 2024

An animated award will be given for the winner(s) of each competition question.
Match tipping scores will be added together as the season progresses to produce a Tipsters' Ladder which will be pinned to the top of the forum topic list page.
The best of luck to everyone. 

Enjoy your Rugby League!

Graham   

Edited by Graham
  • Thanks 1

• Graham changed the title to *** NEW *** NRL Tipping Competition Round 1 2024 Everybody Welcome! Two games this Sunday!
  • Graham pinned this topic

Hard poll question to answer this round with the first 2 games being played on an NFL field which is 5 metres narrower and 6 metres shorter than an NRL field. Sounds like a perfect ground for a nines game of rugby league to be played on. I'm thinking the 2 point field goal and the chip & chase along with the bomb kicks will play a major part of the game, if the defence is real tight and it is hard to make a line brake in Las Vegas..... Should be some monumental battles of the forwards up the middle for sure.

Edited by R L Winger
  • Like 1

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

WINNERS IN BOLD, LARGER FONT, ITALIC & RED

Sea Eagles Vs. Rabbitohs
Roosters Vs. Broncos
Knights Vs. Raiders
Warriors Vs. Sharks
Storm Vs. Panthers
Eels Vs. Bulldogs
Titans Vs. Dragons
Dolphins Vs. Cowboys

TOTAL POINTS

HOME WINS

POLL

Eels Vs. Bulldogs

• Like 1

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

WINNERS - RABBITOHS, BRONCOS, KNIGHTS, WARRIORS, PANTHERS, BULLDOGS, DRAGONS, COWBOYS.

TOTAL POINTS - 303

HOME WINS - 4

POLL - WARRIORS V SHARKS

• Like 1

Thank you Graham for running this once again.

Good lucknto one and all.

Poll: Khights\Raiders  Homes: 4 Points: 302

Winners: Sea Eagles, Broncos, Knights, Warriors, Panthers, Eels, Titans, Cowboys 

• Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

I also thank you Graham for running this comp again.

Winners, South Sydney, Brisbane Broncos, Newcastle Knights, New Zealand Warriors, Melbourne Storm, Paramatta Eels, St George-Illawarra and North Queensland Cowboys

Points - 280

Home Wins - 4

Poll - Newcastle v Canberra

• Thanks 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I was looking forward to this starting again. 

Poll Question

Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders.

Round 1 Winners

South Sydney Rabbitohs

Brisbane Broncos

Newcastle Knights

NZ Warriors

Penrith Panthers

Parramatta Eels

Gold Coast Titans

Dolphins

Home Wins

Total Points

• Like 1

1E0C84F5-C519-477B-AB96-36B3C1238463.png

Winners: Sea Eagles, Broncos, Knighs, Warriors, Storm, Eels, Titans, Cowboys

Home wins: 4

Biggest margin: Titans vs. Dragons

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Poll  Storm  Panthers 

Rabbits 

Broncos 

Knights

Warriors 

Panthers 

Eels  

Dragons 

Cowboys 

Homes  3

Points 334

You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if its late.

• Graham changed the title to *** NEW *** NRL Tipping Competition Round 1 2024 Everybody Welcome! Part 2 Thursday onwards
2 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

0 for 3 now.

If it's any comfort SH, I'll tell you that our tipping form has a lot more blue crosses than red ticks so far.

The two current leaders are R L Winger and Llangennech both on 2/3

Tho only others to trouble the scorer (me) are Irish Saint and Dunbar, both on 1/3

• Graham changed the title to NRL Tipping Competition Round 1 2024 Everybody Welcome! In Progress
44 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

0 for 3 now.

Cheer up I have Ponga as captain in Supercoach🙁

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

5 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Cheer up I have Ponga as captain in Supercoach🙁

I put Ethan Strange into my 17 at the last minute. I have Ponga as well, along with Piakura. Your pain is my pain.

37 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I put Ethan Strange into my 17 at the last minute. I have Ponga as well, along with Piakura. Your pain is my pain.

I have Levi and Strange as well both non playing reserves. Mr Arthur stated he was going with one 80 minute hooker and then named both 🥵. If Parra don't finish top 4 Mr. Arthur should be shown the door.

• Like 1

• Graham changed the title to NRL Tipping Competition Round 1 2024 In Progress
16 hours ago, Graham said:

With every game played in the round my predicted score shrinks and shrinks! 😭

Me too. Hynes was my captain. Could have looped Mitchell's 110, but no, that would be too sensible.