Which club would you invest in?

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nice bit of recycling from Mr Shaw there, bringing back the interview Beaumont did in January, to get some more clicks off the back of an X post after last week's game.

London would be my first choice. If Hughes wouldn’t sell, I’d aim to buy the Midlands Hurricanes. A proper presence (and clubs) in England’s two biggest cities is essential for the sport to thrive. 

37 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

London would be my first choice. If Hughes wouldn’t sell, I’d aim to buy the Midlands Hurricanes. A proper presence (and clubs) in England’s two biggest cities is essential for the sport to thrive. 

I'm not sure how far £10m would get you in London, certainly wouldn't get you a permanent home.

43 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I'm not sure how far £10m would get you in London, certainly wouldn't get you a permanent home.

If I won a £100m on the Euromillions, I’d be investing a bit more than £10m. 

5 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

If I won a £100m on the Euromillions, I’d be investing a bit more than £10m. 

The original post specifically said if you had £10m to spend. 

But even if you had £50m to spend, investing in London, or any expansion club for that matter, will probably see your money burned unless complemented by a proper plan by the RFL. 

Edited by phiggins

59 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The original post specifically said if you had £10m to spend. 

But even if you had £50m to spend, investing in London, or any expansion club for that matter, will probably see your money burned unless complemented by a proper plan by the RFL. 

I ignored the original post… policy and direction can always be challenged! 🤭

Absolutely agree on the bit about a proper plan. An expansion endeavour needs to be backed holistically rather than in a stovepipe. It’s why our expansion efforts have historically failed. 

• Like 1

Cardiff Demons. Real potential there to get them into and firmly established in Women's Super League. Create a real strong base for the Welsh women's game.

Use this as a 'reverse model' to then look at establishing a professional men's team later in the city too.

• Like 3