Just now, sam4731 said:

Surely the club can make him work for their foundation (do they have one?) for free, as part of club ordered community service though.

The club should punt him in the nuts and send him on his way. How's he going to pass a DBS for working for a foundation?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The club should punt him in the nuts and send him on his way. How's he going to pass a DBS for working for a foundation?

If you're on a community service order, I presume you probably have to be supervised at all times.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

If you're on a community service order, I presume you probably have to be supervised at all times.

Good point.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

41 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Surely the club can make him work for their foundation (do they have one?) for free, as part of club ordered community service though.

I missed the bit about the "club ordered community service".  Where was that?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

39 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Only while you're doing the Court's CSO.  They're hardly likely to send a fella to stay with him 24/7.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

If you read the pieces, Whitehaven say they'll fine him (not sure that's lawful, but.....).

Who should have made him do rehab?  Court?  Club?

Wonder where the club fine goes? If it's back into club coffers then that just smacks as a degree of 'compensation' whilst he's not playing. Surely better to be given to an appropriate charity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonT said:

Wonder where the club fine goes? If it's back into club coffers then that just smacks as a degree of 'compensation' whilst he's not playing. Surely better to be given to an appropriate charity.

Effectively, he's not getting paid when he's off work suspended.   Which can be seen as fair enough.  Club doesn't benefit from his services, he doesn't benefit from his wages.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Griff said:

Effectively, he's not getting paid when he's off work suspended.   Which can be seen as fair enough.  Club doesn't benefit from his services, he doesn't benefit from his wages.

Ah yes, I get what they mean now. Thank you. The whole thing still doesn't quite sit right with me though, and I think I will be giving the Whitehaven trip a swerve this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Griff said:

I missed the bit about the "club ordered community service".  Where was that?

Oh sorry, I worded that badly. There isn't any but I just thought they could have made him do that instead of dishing out a ban.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, JonM said:

Gets a fairly detailed write-up in this week's Private Eye.

In the negative I assume? This paper seemed more upset about the renaming of an award than this case.

Edited by RigbyLuger

10 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

In the negative I assume? This paper seemed more upset about the renaming of an award than this case.

You would have thought so what positives are there to report?