Keighley match

42 minutes ago, Derwent said:

36-6 at half time, very poor.

The amount of short range tries we concede is ridiculous.

Outmuscled near the line, same old story i am afraid

What is going on, we knew the shortfalls from last season regarding size, pace and strength. Recruitment hasn't been good enough.  Its no good just turning up for the derby games then the disasters of the first two league games. This season is already over but I will still go on supporting my home Town team. UTT

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Too early in the season to be too downhearted. Especially after facing the two CLEAR favourites. Our season will be judged on results against the remaining teams. 

Exactly this, we've pretty much played championship teams up until this point, Oldham and Keighley will be far ahead of everyone in this league IMO, we've got them out of the way now, so it's time to regroup and see how we go against the rest.

Injuries aren't an excuse, they are an absolute fact, especially with so many ruled out. 

• Like 4

Well was at the match today and I must stop predicting matches 😆,  we had lads who pulled a shirt on today that weren't 100% fit  and they tried their best and that's all I ask as a fan for them to do , we have played two teams that have throw a lot of cash about and we have been hit with injuries, support was great again, keep it up lads , on to Newcastle next and am saying nothing about the score 🤔UTT🔵⚪

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Difficult one to call today. We had half a dozen out who would've made a difference but we've played the top two teams with a good chunk of ex SL players. We can score and compete for half a game but our squad isn't as strong talent wise or in physicality.  These loan deals never work , they're just a necessity,  you need the teamwork a settled team brings. 

Nice chance to get a win next week , then hopefully start again, i didnt expect to win the last two games and hopefully the injury crisis is the reason for the extent if the defeats. 

• Like 3

Hopefully new signings will be props and running 2row or center.would also like to see towns goal line defence move up and put a bit of pressure on the opposition like they want to defend the try line,also at the start of the game go set for set with the other team instead of ko's and constant penalties,poor first half today gave Keighley the game after 10 mins.

• Like 2

I hoped for better yesterday but got what I probably expected. When the fixtures came out, not many of us thought we would get anything from the first 2 games, with the quality of players we have missing we never had a chance. Newcastle away and Rochdale at home are now must win games but will be tough. Let’s all keep getting behind our club to see them through this horrific injury crisis. UTT 💙

• Like 3

I went as well yesterday it was a hard watch , the players efforts were great especially with so many out with  injuries and lads playing with injuries themselves. One thing I have noticed from the last 2 games ( granted 2 best teams) is we seem to be a lot slower than other teams both in defence and attack,  we haven't learned to slow the opposition ruck down and move up quickly to stifle attacks ,we are always suffering on the back of quick play the balls, but when we are attacking we are slow and seem to only have 1 runner who often gets tackled without much gain. 

We haven't had any rub of the green wid refs so far but normally it evens itself out, so Lets hope we can get a few bodies in and back, and kick on , stick together and support the club,  onwards and upwards UTT

• Like 5