Additions to the squad 2025

sb01

Current Super League players out of contract at the end of this season, can formally be signed up from the beginning of May. it is rumoured that some of the 150 out of contract have all ready been unofficially signed up for next season. Whilst I believe that the overwhelming majority (if not all of them) are out of our reach for a variety of different reasons, there maybe a very small number who are of interest. I am thinking of players who like e.g. Turner and Wardle are towards the back end of their playing careers, but could do a very good job for say 2 or 3 more seasons for us in the Championship, establishing the club in that division and possibly even making us challengers for a Super League place (this all assumes of course promotion this season). Even better if they have some sort of local connection. Is there anyone who fits that description? The only possible that comes to mind is Marc Sneyd (Salford) a club we now have connections with dual reg. 

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roughyeds Forever! said:

All our team are on 2 year contracts anyway. So not expecting much change for next year. Possibly only a couple of signings.

Yep. Not to put a dampener on things after the weekend but the contract length for some of these players is extremely concerning, hopefully we’re able to shift some of them on but you’d imagine they are all on good money.

That’s not me criticising anybody for their performances this season, but there have clearly been a few mistakes in recruitment and whilst I think we’ll brute force our way out of this division, talk of already having a squad to compete at the top end of the Championship is clearly a long way off the mark.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roughyeds Forever! said:

All our team are on 2 year contracts anyway. So not expecting much change for next year. Possibly only a couple of signings.

Not all of the squad are on contracts through to 2025 currently.

So those who signed in 2023 signed for the remainder of that season and this e.g. Ellis and Johnson.

Some of the players who signed at the start of the season have only signed for the season only e.g. Morgan and one of the Chaoelhows.

5 minutes ago, sb01 said:

Not all of the squad are on contracts through to 2025 currently.

So those who signed in 2023 signed for the remainder of that season and this e.g. Ellis and Johnson.

Some of the players who signed at the start of the season have only signed for the season only e.g. Morgan and one of the Chaoelhows.

Thought Johnson was until end of 2025?

14 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Thought Johnson was until end of 2025?

I believe that Jack Johnson (back) has a contract through to 2025, but that John Johnson (forward) who signed during the 2023 season has currently a contract through to the end of this season.

• 4 weeks later...