The NRL Round 5 Match Thread

• Graham changed the title to The NRL Round 5 Match Thread

Broncos shouldn't have taken the 2 to go to 28 24. They lost intensity when they could have continued to pressure the Storm defence. A try and conversion there would pretty much have put the game to bed by going 8 in front.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Broncos struggle to finish the big games. 

UK have had 5 prime ministers since Broncos last win in Melbourne

At least it's a short losing streak, then.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

XD5qGmx.jpeg

Bulldogs v Roosters preview

Canterbury Bulldogs had no issue getting up the field last week but failed to capitalise on their chances enough leading to a disappointing loss to Souths as a result. That leaves them with just one win from four games so far this season.

Sydney Roosters have also lacked consistency. Even so our tipsters think it will be the Chooks who prevail in this encounter.

Forum Tipsters:

Bulldogs to win: 1

Roosters to win: 15

Edited by Graham

9V2A89M.jpeg

Knights v Dragons Preview

Newcastle Knights have not made the best of starts to the season but will be hoping for a win against St. George Illawarra Dragons.
The away side claimed a good win against Manly Sea Eagles last week but the Knights have lost just two of their last 11 home matches. 
Those taking Knights to win must think that home advantage will tell then.

Our Forum Tipsters views:

Knights to win: 12

Dragons to win: 4

Edited by Graham

Heavy rain over most of coastal NSW this weekend could have an effect on some results. Already 100mm rain in Sydney. We might get to see that rarest of NRL phenomena - players with mud on their jumpers.

Did anyone else notice how good the pitch was in Melbourne last night? Only towards the end did I notice a few small divots being dug up. The rest of the game was like a carpet.

1SnTG6q.jpgFdn4ILI.jpeg

FRIDAY APRIL 5

Canterbury Bulldogs vs Sydney Roosters at Accor Stadium, 6.00pm AEDT

Bulldogs team: 1. Blake Taaffe 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jacob Kiraz 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Connor Tracey 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Samuel Hughes 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Josh Curran 13. Jaeman Salmon

14. Kurt Mann 15. Harrison Edwards 17. Kitione Kautoga 22. Chris Patolo

19. Bronson Xerri 20. Toby Sexton

Late Mail: Liam Knight has dropped out of the side in the 24-hour update, with Cameron Ciraldo promoting Chris Patolo into the 17. The front rower played in just two games last season for the Dogs. Kitione Kautoga is another new face on the Bulldogs bench this week. He’ll make his club debut and just his second NRL appearance after debuting with the Tigers in 2022.

Roosters team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Dominic Young 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Nat Butcher 12. Angus Crichton 13. Victor Radley

14. Connor Watson 15. Naufahu Whyte 16. Sitili Tupouniua 17. Terrell May 18. Michael Jennings 19. Egan Butcher

Late Mail: Lindsay Collins will return from a hamstring injury.

Late inclusions for Canines: Bronson Xerri replaces Kiraz, who moves to the wing and Blake Wilson drops out and Chris Patolo starts at prop with Sam Hughes dropping to the bench.

Edited by Farmduck

Chooks going for the challenge in the first 30 seconds after Dom Young loses the ball in the second tacle of the game. No win, challenge over.

Blake Taaffe scores on the Dogs first play of the game.

Burton goal from out wide

Dogs 6 - 0

80m run by Young but passes it forward to no-one to avoid going over the sideline. Poor judgement really.

15min: Burton in again finishing a 70m move where Kikau ran around Young and made 40m.

Burton goal from in front

Dogs 18 - 0

I'm beginning to wish I'd taken the Dogs at $4.80

I thought Kikau had butchered that try but the support player already had a defender on him.

Teddy's gone HIA

27min: Dom Young forearm to the chin on Taaffe. It's a send-off!!!!

Sam Walker and Teddy not coming back from HIA

Burton kicks the penalty

Dogs 20 - 0

1 minute ago, Anita Bath said:

Early bath for Dom Young

On the bright side, he was having a poor game.

Both teams have activated their 18th man - is this a first?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson