Newcastle 5th May.

jroyales

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Very comfortable and professional win. Could have scored another five tries in each half if we'd been super clinical. Defensively we never looked like conceding even though Newcastle got plenty of ball second half.

PLT was class again as was Tyrer on the wing. Lawton excellent as usual and deserved his tries.

Only downside for me is Astley. Was great at full back at the start of the season but now barely gets 10 mins a game once the game is over.

Edited by m brooksy
  • Like 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

Very comfortable and professional win. Could have scored another five tries in each half if we'd been super clinical. Defensive;y we never looked like conceding even though Newcastle got plenty of ball second half.

PLT was class again as was Tyrer on the wing. Lawton excellent as usual and deserved his tries.

Only downside for me is Astley. Was great at full back at the start of the season but now barely gets 10 mins a game once the game is over.

Bit of a headache for longy this one . For me, before today, PLT looked electric joining the line but didn’t link up the way that Astley does. However PLT was very good today as was Ellis and craven!….nice problem to have but I also hope Astley finds his role 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Very comfortable and professional win. Could have scored another five tries in each half if we'd been super clinical. Defensive;y we never looked like conceding even though Newcastle got plenty of ball second half.

Spot on assessment 

• Like 2

My view for what it's worth, first of all all credit to Newcastle never stopped trying and never got niggly and all stuck together wish them well for the rest of the season, for us lots of good ball movement today with some blown tries , thought jack Johnson ran great at centre for a position that's not normal to him even though he should have passed on 4 occasions in the first half,all the backs had plenty of running opportunities, forwards as a whole dominated and Gallagher really has something about him and Hurst again impressed, agree we need to find a role for Astley as he's a real talent just a bit lost for position since PLT arrived, but overall really pleased with the effort in defence to keep them to nil and the lads seem to be clicking together nicely,on to Cornwall 

• Like 5

What a brilliant game, absolutely loved being at my 1st game in 10 years! Met Joe Wardle in the hospitality suite b4 the game asked him to sign the team sheet. He took it off me and said he would bring it back and and get the players to sign it for me. Then came back after the game with a signed rugby ball.

Now back to the game I agree exactly with what everyone says on here. From what I saw  Mo could’ve had a hat trick himself if he had got passed to on numourous occasions. Cudois to Newcastle the gave it there All from start to finish best of luck to them for the rest of the season.  Anyway. lots of good things came  out of today. A cracking win,a good performance from the defence, Keighley lost and a ball to take home to Saskatchewan with me! Which I will be getting cased. All in all a fantastic day. 🇨🇦 🏉 Up the Yeds , Stronger together.

• Like 17

8 hours ago, canadian roughyed said:

What a brilliant game, absolutely loved being at my 1st game in 10 years! Met Joe Wardle in the hospitality suite b4 the game asked him to sign the team sheet. He took it off me and said he would bring it back and and get the players to sign it for me. Then came back after the game with a signed rugby ball.

Now back to the game I agree exactly with what everyone says on here. From what I saw  Mo could’ve had a hat trick himself if he had got passed to on numourous occasions. Cudois to Newcastle the gave it there All from start to finish best of luck to them for the rest of the season.  Anyway. lots of good things came  out of today. A cracking win,a good performance from the defence, Keighley lost and a ball to take home to Saskatchewan with me! Which I will be getting cased. All in all a fantastic day. 🇨🇦 🏉 Up the Yeds , Stronger together.

Fabulous. Not only do we have a very strong squad - the whole club oozes class at the moment. Love it. Safe journey back, my friend. 

• Like 2

• Like 1

Stats-

PLT-5 tackles. 14 tackle breaks. 4 clean breaks. 2 try assists. 19 carries=239m

Agoro-0 tackles.3 tackle breaks. one clean break. 9 carries=126m

Johnson-7 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. 13 carries=139m

Turner-2 tackles. one miss. one offload. 5 tackle breaks. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 12 carries=132m

Tyrer-2 tackles. 2 offloads. 13 tackle breaks.  4 clean breaks. 2 try assists.  16 carries=233m

Craven-8 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle breaks. one clean break. 9 carries=76m

Ellis-11 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 4 try assists. 9 carries=66m

Farnworth-26 tackles. one miss. one offload.  6 carries=53m

Wildie-43 tackles. one offload. one tackle break. 2 try assists. 3 carries=16m

T Chapelhow-31 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. 8 carries=72m

Gallagher-14 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle breaks. 8 carries=45m

Lawton-22 tackles. 5 tackle breaks. 3 clean breaks. one try assist. 13 carries=139m

Taylor-29 tackles. 2 misses. 1 carry=8m

subs

Astley-1 tackle. one tackle break. 2 carries=43m

Kopzcak-13 tackles. 3 tackle breaks. 4 carries=32m

J Chapelhow-14 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 7 carries=51m

Hirst-20 tackles. one try assist. 7 carries=82m

PLT and Tyrer sensational again. Lawton and Turner superb as usual. Ellis had his best game in an Oldham shirt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2