The NRL Round 9 Thread

Half time

Rabbitohs 12 - 18 Panthers

Score Summary

I. Tu'itupou Thompson 7, D. Hawkins 10 Tries S. Turuva 18, B. Schneider 22, L. Garner 33
D. Hawkins 8, D. Hawkins 11 Conversions D. Edwards 20, D. Edwards 23, D. Edwards 34
J. Arrow 18 Sin Bin I. Tago 6

Warren Smith must have had an aneurysm. Out of nowhere he suddenly pronounced Mamouzelos correctly. Maybe we'll live long enough to see Ennis learn how to pronounce Xavier.

Score Summary

I. Tu'itupou Thompson 7, D. Hawkins 10 Tries S. Turuva 18, B. Schneider 22, L. Garner 33, L. Smith 60, T. May 63, L. Garner 70, I. Tago 77
D. Hawkins 8, D. Hawkins 11 Conversions D. Edwards 20, D. Edwards 23, D. Edwards 34, D. Edwards 61, D. Edwards 65, D. Edwards 71, B. Schneider 78
J. Arrow 18, J. Host 69 Sin Bin I. Tago 6

Awful spectacle , not helped by Souths being beyond garbage and Referee Gee being in top referee Gee mode with 24 restarts and penalties 3 sinbins 2 reports and generally doing as much as possible to be involved 

Posted (edited)

Manly v Canberra Preview

Manly Sea Eagles have shown what they are capable of in recent matches and will aim to maintain their top four spot as they take on Canberra Raiders. The Sea Eagles were too good for Eels as they made it four games without a loss.  on the other hand Raiders have lost their last two in a poor fashion. Their nilling at the hands of Cronulla Sharks last week will need to produce a reaction.

Manly is a tough place to go these days.

Sea Eagles to win then?

Our forum tipsters 

Sea Eagles to win 14

Raiders to win 0

Edited by Graham

Broncos v Roosters Preview

This is a good game in prospect as Brisbane Broncos host Sydney Roosters.

Broncos have won their last three and will hold no fear on home soil as they aim to gain revenge on the Roosters for their Round 1 loss in Las Vegas.

Roosters looked very good with the ball in last week’s win over St. George Illawarra Dragons.

What do you think? Does home advantage tips the scales in favour of the Broncos?

Our forum tipsters:

Broncos to win 13

Roosters to win 1

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Awful spectacle , not helped by Souths being beyond garbage and Referee Gee being in top referee Gee mode with 24 restarts and penalties 3 sinbins 2 reports and generally doing as much as possible to be involved 

Not helped by 9 of every 10 seats in the stadium being empty. Shocking that only 8000 turned out to see the three peat champions face the iconic rabbitohs. Stadium is on the Western (penrith) side of the city so convenient for panther fans.