The NRL Round 9 Thread

Reynolds has suffered an armular ouchie.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Wow how about that ? It looked like no hope , unbelievable comeback .  Whitehead a real trooper for Canberra . Just in passing …. Has anyone else noticed that the play the ball rules  seem to have completely vanished in the NRL this year . Endless just rolling it completely ignored . I’m also finding six agains more and more tedious 

It used to be the play of the ball with the foot  in NRL was policed well and therefore was a good example to the British game.

Sadly NRL now had dropped standards and has adopted the poor habits of SL

Meanwhile, Staggs finds himself on the end of some nice passing to go in at the corner.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

Broncos in again! Mam this time. Plus the easiest of kicks to level it at 18 all.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Possible ruptured bicep for Reynolds. That's a chunk of the season gone for him, if not all of it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mariner binned for a shoulder charge off the ball on Tedesco. it's all happening.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Terrell May gets the Roosters in front again. Converted for 18:24.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

Mam's sent of for a HIA, so Walsh is about the only playmaker left.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Connor Watson with another for the Roosters.

18:30

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Broncos are just out of steam. May gets a second try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Dom Young!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Possible ruptured bicep for Reynolds. That's a chunk of the season gone for him, if not all of it.

Johnny Lomax played the back half of the 2022 season with a ruptured bicep so it is doable. I said at the time he didn’t get the appreciation he deserved for playing through that. 

6 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Johnny Lomax played the back half of the 2022 season with a ruptured bicep so it is doable. I said at the time he didn’t get the appreciation he deserved for playing through that. 

According to commentary team he’ll be out at least 12 weeks if the injury is confirmed.