Batley (H)

RSN

Won 24 - 14. 

Good 2 points on the board, it's the worst Batley side I've seen but I think we stayed in control most the game. Their 2 tries came from daft errors from us, but they didn't really have a threat apart from that. 

Felt we didn't get the rub of the green either throughout the game. 

Good travelling support from Batley who have stayed after the game which is good too see. 

• Like 2

Much improved performance, especially defensively and a deserved win. Brad Walker's kicking was superb to pin Batley back in their own half. Luke Cresswell never looks like dropping those high balls.

Nice to see the bottom 4 league standings are all Yorkshire teams.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Much improved performance, especially defensively and a deserved win. Brad Walker's kicking was superb to pin Batley back in their own half. Luke Cresswell never looks like dropping those high balls.

Let's hope it stays that way 🤞 great win today 

• Like 1

Good win today. Needed. I only voice my opinion in all honesty and today we let them run so easy and gain so many yards  easily.  We made hardly any generally.  But we won end of. I thought Greenwood was brilliant today in defence as was Wood , also Shane made a massive difference.  The defence won the game today but so much to work on but 2 points

• Like 1

Did enough, a lot of people have bagged Brad walker this year. As the only half he controlled the game and 3 of the tries came off his kicks, credit where credits due.

One of Greg burkes best games in a barrow shirt today, when he carries the ball he's a handful needs to do it more.

Up the raiders.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

WOW! BREAKING NEWS: HULL K.R. INTERESTED IN CRESTA!

Hull K.R. coach won Coach of Month in Feb. and the Robins beat the Warriers and Saints convincingly in the last 2 weeks. Assume they're looking at Cresta as an Assistant?

Maybe it's HULL. That would make sense.

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2Cents said:

WOW! BREAKING NEWS: HULL K.R. INTERESTED IN CRESTA!

Hull K.R. coach won Coach of Month in Feb. and the Robins beat the Warriers and Saints convincingly in the last 2 weeks. Assume they're looking at Cresta as an Assistant?

Maybe it's HULL. That would make sense.

Hull FC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Not looking at the top, then?

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Did enough, a lot of people have bagged Brad walker this year. As the only half he controlled the game and 3 of the tries came off his kicks, credit where credits due.

One of Greg burkes best games in a barrow shirt today, when he carries the ball he's a handful needs to do it more.

Up the raiders.

Due to being the only person to kick the ball he also had a significant amount of pressure on him every kick. 

Set up 3 kicks from tries and when we went in front pretty much every kick from that point meant Batley were bringing the ball out of their own 10m which meant Batley didn't really get a sniff of our try line 2nd half (apart from off their short kick off after Ramons try) 

It's a shame if he has a bad game loads come on to bash him, yet when he basically does the job of 2 players to get us 2 points barely anyone says a word. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Up the raiders.

Brad Walker MOM by a mile IMO.

• Like 2

Happy with this performance. Agree with the comments on walker, wood, Shane etc. Even though we let them gain yards quite easily we showed how good our defence was with multiple sets on our try line keeping them out. 

Something to build on this and hopefully take the positives into the next game.

• Like 4

Great gutsy performance from 1 to 17 and Brad had his best game for us so far. Wish we would stop throwing wild passes out whilst in our own 10 tho...heart in mouth every time

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Great win for the boys regardless of the quality of the opposition. Lots of strong performances and hopefully something to build off ... especially Walker who was near perfect with the boot. 

One thing I have noticed this season is, regardless of opposition, how poor our line speed is. I feel like the easiest way to take our team to the next level would be to improve our line speed and close down the opposition instead of letting them run or play. I cannot understand why we cannot do that as it is not dependent on individual quality just fitness and coaching.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Forever Chasing an egg said:

Great win for the boys regardless of the quality of the opposition. Lots of strong performances and hopefully something to build off ... especially Walker who was near perfect with the boot. 

One thing I have noticed this season is, regardless of opposition, how poor our line speed is. I feel like the easiest way to take our team to the next level would be to improve our line speed and close down the opposition instead of letting them run or play. I cannot understand why we cannot do that as it is not dependent on individual quality just fitness and coaching.

I think we need to be aware of players jumping out of the line, been a problem when individuals try to sort it out by themselves and leave us wide open. But agree line speed by all could be better. 

• Like 1