The NRL Round 10 Thread

Another round and five of the eight contests are very even.

Dolphins v Manly Sea Eagles

Surprsingly the bookies have the Silvertails as favourites in this contest despite the return for the Fins of Herbie Farnworth. Although Manly will be looking for a bounce back after being pillaged by the Raiders, the only thing that is predictable about the Dolphins is their unpredictablity. Silvertails Fin-nished?

Penrith Panthers v Canterbury Bulldogs

Nathan Cleary returns as the Penny Panthers sqaure off against the Dogs. Now I have been backing the Dogs as an improved outfit this season and I see no reason to change that view. However they are at Blue Bet but as Melbourne were to find out, these Dogs don't come to heel too easily and it should not be a blow out. Canterbury back in the Dog House?

Paramatta Eels v Brisbane Broncos

Two teams that need a win, Parra without Mitch Moses and Clint Gutherson who in many ways is the beating heart of that side. Brisbane by contrast though they will feel the absence of Adam Reynolds have proved they can win without him - Let's Go Broncos ?

West Tigers v Newcastle Knights

Played in Tamworth Australia's self-styled country music capital. The game is a real coin-flip. Api Koroisau is back and so is Jayden Sullivan to partner Lachlan Galvin against a Knights side welcoming back Tyson Frizzel and boosted by Dan Gagai spurning the Roosters. Two very evenly matched teams playing at a neutral venue. Api days for Wests?

St George-Illawearra v South Sydney

This game will be closer than people think. If It was at the 'gong then I wuld have little hesitation in going SGI but it's at Kogarah and a lot of Bunnies backers will be there and in Sam Tomkins mode "Souths will will a game soon" Maybe this one with the return of Latrell. The only way to silence the grumblers in the Burrow is to play to his and Cody Walkers potential and although pundits have been saying now is a good time for SGI to play Souths maybe when you think about it the reverse is also true. - Bunnies make the great leap forward?

Melbourne Storm v Cronuilla Sharks

The game of the round with the in-form Sharks travelling to a Melbourne side without Ryan Papenhuyzen and Jahrome Hughes but playing at home with Craig Bellamy as Coach. The other Craig. Fitzgibbon stung by Cronulla being give the "pretenders" tag. Though Sharkies lose Toby Rudolph they are in form. This could be the Golden Point game of the round - Opportunity Knocks for someone?

Sydney Roosters v New Zealand Warriors

Roosters seem to be in form at present and with players returning while the Wahs are on the crest of a slump. After thev excitement generated last year, I cannot think that there would have been too many people in the land of the Great White Cloud thinking the Wahs would be languishing in 14th spot come the end of round 9 and a similar cloud hangs over the fitness of Shaun Johnson  - Woe for the Wahs?

Gold Coast Titans v North Queensland Cowboys

Another game in which you wonder if the bookies are playing attention recently, with the Cows favoured yet it's been Gold Coast who have played well in three titanic tussels. The Cows continue to beat themselves on a weekly basis, and Valentine Holmes inaccuracy from the kickjing tee is costing the Cowboys. - Titans Coasting to victory?

Good luck with your tips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I'm slightly inclined to tip the Sea Beagles. Dunno why. Not much value there for punters. Perhaps if I had a lazy $1 sitting around I might take Isaako for First Try Scorer at $8.50

If I wanted to get fancy then maybe Dolphins by 6-10 at $6.25 AND Manly by 6-10 at $5.80

Overall I'm very disinclined to bet anything. I've had one bet this season and I won so I don't want to ruin it.

10min: try to Tommy Talau

no goal to Garrick

Manly 4 - 0

Once again I forgot the Thursday game starts at 7:50, not 8:00

14min: You 'n' Achin' intercepts and runs 50m to score

Isaako hits the post and bounces away.

4-4

17min: Saab drops the ball while diving into the corner and also hurts his shoulder

26min: Another intercept. Brooks takes the ball 70m out, runs a bit then passes to Koula who finishes it off

Garrick goal

Manly 16 - 4

34min: Lemuelu try

Isaako goal from right in front of the black dot\

Dolphins  10 - 16

What a try by Fuller!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Three Dolphins tries in very quick succession requires a re-write of the Many half time talk.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

38min: Another try from halfway, this time to try-scoring machine Mark Nicholls finishing off an Armadillo break

hat's happened to Isaako's goal kicking?

Aquatic mammals  20 - 16

49min: It's a Turbothon! Jake hits the line off a dummy half pass from Tom the passes back to Tom who scores.

Garrick goal

Manly  22 - 20

63min: Manly get a penalty for Kaufusi making a late tackle on J-Turbo after he passed the ball

Garrick  kicks it

Manly 24 - 22

Max Plath goes HIA after getting a high shot from Aloiai and Chan Kum Tong also injured in same tackle. Looked like HIA but he wasn't HIA's, just replaced.

DOL 28:24 MAN - still anyone's game with 6 minutes left.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

67min: Bostock in the corner

T-Turbo leaving the field with some leg-based injury

Isaako kicks the goal from the sideline

Dolphins  28 - 24

78min: Farnworth stays down to ensure Dolphins get a penalty 10m out. Dolphs will hope this will help run the clock down to FT

Isaako goal

Dolphins  30 - 24