Do you guys get this show in the UK?

I just watched 30 minutes with Ray Price. What a fantastic 30 minutes that was. Everyone knows how tough a ###### he is, but I really loved hearing his perspective on the game of the past and the game now.

There was another episode the other day with Wally Lewis. 

A really good show that can spend 30 minutes with those two in consecutive weeks and then other weeks have Corey Horsbrough or Toby Rudolph. 30 minutes with players with a good story or two.

If it’s not on Sky, I don’t know how you get it, but it will be worth the hunt if you can.

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Just watched another with Ron Coote. Yvon’ even touched on the rhyming slang his name refers too 😂 

I had to google that. It doesn’t really work in the U.K. because it’s not a word we use as they do in Australia.

3 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I just watched 30 minutes with Ray Price. What a fantastic 30 minutes that was. Everyone knows how tough a ###### he is, but I really loved hearing his perspective on the game of the past and the game now.

A really good show that can spend 30 minutes with those two in consecutive weeks and then other weeks have Corey Horsbrough or Toby Rudolph. 30 minutes with players with a good story or two.

If it’s not on Sky, I don’t know how you get it, but it will be worth the hunt if you can.

Looks like the show is available on WatchNRL, which a few of us subscribe to.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

What Channel is it on?

16 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Sure he was tough but he was dirty #### as well. Price ended diminutive St. George halfback Mark Shulman`s career in the 1977 GF when he kneed him in the back, Shulman never played again. It was that act that lead to the NSWRL sending word down to St. George HQ that they could let Rod `Rocket` Reddy "off the chain". In the GF replay the following week Reddy was cautioned 5 times in the first 40 minutes with Ray Price bearing the brunt of Reddy`s fury. By the end of the game Price was a bloodied wreck. St. George won 22 - 0. Any word from Pricey on that episode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

Sure he was tough but he was dirty #### as well. Price ended diminutive St. George halfback Mark Shulman`s career in the 1977 GF when he kneed him in the back, Shulman never played again. It was that act that lead to the NSWRL sending word down to St. George HQ that they could let Rod `Rocket` Reddy "off the chain". In the GF replay the following week Reddy was cautioned 5 times in the first 40 minutes with Ray Price bearing the brunt of Reddy`s fury. By the end of the game Price was a bloodied wreck. St. George won 22 - 0. Any word from Pricey on that episode.

I remember another incident with Ray Price it was watching a Aus/Kiwi test but this time Price was on the receiving end from a 'little' un, it was Shane Varley, one had tackled the other which one I can't remember, but Varley was up on his feet very quickly whilst Price was upright on his knees, I dont know what caused what happened next but Varley got hold of Prices hair with his left hand and still holding shoved his head to a position looking skywards whilst still on his knees, then Varley proceeded to give Price as many right handed punches to his head as he could, not stopping until someone stepped it.

* I know this incident did not say that Varley was a hard man, maybe just dirty, but having watched him play in all his 23 games when he joined Leigh and at that time we got to see the Trantasman tests on TV, I would say he was pound for pound the hardest player I have ever seen.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1