Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gateshead Exedus Beging

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 sliggster1

sliggster1
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

Andrew Henderson as today signed for Barrow
AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!
Posted Image

#2 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

he is no replacement for Andy Ellis who was their real play maker
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#3 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

Have Gateshead been relegated then. I haven't been able to find any news on their fate.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#4 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Nov 4 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's not a bad replacement, although Ellis is a fabulous player.
However, we have a superstar waiting in the wings, Nathan Mossop !!!!!!
Just watch him go !!!!!

Posted Image

#5 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Baaarrow @ Nov 4 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's not a bad replacement, although Ellis is a fabulous player.
However, we have a superstar waiting in the wings, Nathan Mossop !!!!!!
Just watch him go !!!!!

Wasn't Mossop at Cas?

Rather have Neil Budworth (available) over Henderson, although Henderson is one of the best hookers in the league,
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#6 sliggster1

sliggster1
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Nov 4 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have Gateshead been relegated then. I haven't been able to find any news on their fate.

It will be decided on 11th Nov as far as I am aware. I think the the RFL are deciding what sanction to apply on the new holding company - be it 9 pts deducted from last season on the forthcoming season. Knowing the RFL they will just draw it out of a lucky bag and see what comes out.

Personally I hope they continue in our league but I fear that if they do they will just become whipping boys.
AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!
Posted Image

#7 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (sliggster1 @ Nov 4 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will be decided on 11th Nov as far as I am aware. I think the the RFL are deciding what sanction to apply on the new holding company - be it 9 pts deducted from last season on the forthcoming season. Knowing the RFL they will just draw it out of a lucky bag and see what comes out.

Personally I hope they continue in our league but I fear that if they do they will just become whipping boys.

Gateshead will drop down I reckon with Leigh remaining in our league.

#8 sliggster1

sliggster1
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Nov 4 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gateshead will drop down I reckon with Leigh remaining in our league.

TBH that would probably be the most sensible outcome as Leigh will be the stronger team.
Posted Image

#9 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

got to say i agree
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#10 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

Leigh staying up would make sense, so with that being the last thing that usually happens in rugby league then owt could happen yet!

#11 SRC

SRC

Graphic Artist

• Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Nov 4 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Time will tell. I remember hearing some scathing views of Bauer, the Oldham 5 etc when we signed them. They didn't turn out bad 'uns did they?

He played at Barrow for 2 years in 02-03 and won player of the year in both seasons. His wife (girlfriend?) also lives in the area.

Hendo will probably be rotated with Nathan Mossop.

BTW, Hendo was the best player on the field when Gateshead beat us at Craven Park - a game that would have clinched us the league had we won.

#12 AJ & TJ

AJ & TJ
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

IMO Henderson is another top quality signing for Barrow.

#13 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

My understanding of the Gateshead Saga is that if the RFL decide that Gateshead entered administration LAST Season then points will be deducted and they would by law have to reinstate Leigh, However, the more likely scenario is that points are deducted off next seasons tally and that as requested Gateshead will start in Championship 1 with Leigh also starting in that division. I know it doesn't seem fair, but we HAVE come to expect unfairness outside Super League haven't we ?
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#14 David Hicks

David Hicks
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:12 AM

Hope they do stay up - as a Fev lad exiled in Newcastle it's my only chance for a short trip to a Fev match!

#15 who are ye

who are ye
  • Banned
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

I was Reading if they decide to relergate Gateshead they may use the chance to reduce numbers in the chapiobship rather than bring Leigh back up to the championship!

#16 who are ye

who are ye
  • Banned
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (SRC @ Nov 4 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time will tell. I remember hearing some scathing views of Bauer, the Oldham 5 etc when we signed them. They didn't turn out bad 'uns did they?

He played at Barrow for 2 years in 02-03 and won player of the year in both seasons. His wife (girlfriend?) also lives in the area.

Hendo will probably be rotated with Nathan Mossop.

BTW, Hendo was the best player on the field when Gateshead beat us at Craven Park - a game that would have clinched us the league had we won.

Hendos wife is from barrow but does not live here and won't for the forseeable future hendo is gunna stay with the inlaws I believe!

#17 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Taking into account the financial chaos at Wakefield, there could be several more players on the market.

#18 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Nov 5 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Taking into account the financial chaos at Wakefield, there could be several more players on the market.

Aye Bob, selling shirts, scarves and baseball caps to boost the clubs seriously ailing finances laugh.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#19 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (who are ye @ Nov 5 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was Reading if they decide to relergate Gateshead they may use the chance to reduce numbers in the chapiobship rather than bring Leigh back up to the championship!

Then that would be suicide for the Championship, if they have 2 relegation spots, you either make the play offs of your in the 3rd tier!!!

Cummins Out.

#20 Laminated Lobster

Laminated Lobster
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Nov 5 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

expand?...