• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#41 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Dec 20 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could Bob, as you say, easily end up that way, but hasn't.
I'm made aware of complaints being made and by whom, but I can't for the life of me see where or how racism comes into it.

A conversation between suggy and his black mate, prompted a discussion about the jamaican team and black half backs - (well more about 7's than 6's) and suggy brought it to the forum.

If he'd simply asked the question, " how many good black scrum halves have there been over the last x years and who were they??" - it might not have propted the complaints. Then again, it may have.

I fight inequality as part of my job - everyday! I loathe marginalisation in all it's forms. I'm not seeing it here.

and suggy and Terry, Shaun Edwards had ginger)ish) hair!!!!!! GITS!!!!!! lol!

I agree Robin. I don't see anything racist in the topic though i do think it's a pointless debate.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#42 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Dec 20 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TBH I would have said halfback was Jason Robinson's natural position, given his jinking running style.

Jason Robinson was a halfback when he signed for Wigan from Hunslet Parkside juniors and would probably have been a success in that position if he had not been an overnight sensation on the wing.

#43 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

Ex Batley and Dewsbury stand-off Danny Thomas????

#44 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (vitocorleone @ Dec 24 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ex Batley and Dewsbury stand-off Danny Thomas????

Did Roger Simpson ever play half back? Big lad though.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#45 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Dec 24 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Roger Simpson ever play half back? Big lad though.

Yes, Roger did play stand-off, mostly during his time at Bradford Northern though. At best he might have played one or two games for us at 6.
Not sure about the 'big lad' bit though? Roger is only about 5'5, and must weigh about 11 stone wet through at the most!
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users