Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield Wildcats v Hull Kingston Rovers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Wakefield Wildcats v Hull Kingston Rovers (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Hull KR (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. Draw (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,564 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

The stage is set for Paul Cooke. According to Jannerboy on this forum, he destroyed the Crusaders last week. He'll certainly be hoping to prove summat to Justin Morgan. If I wasn't going to Odsal I'd be tempted to wander down to Wakey. Might get a bit tasty. Hull KR by 4.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Doolittle

Doolittle
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

Rovers have consistently been garbage on all previous visits to Belle Vue in SL, so for that reason alone, I'm expecting Rovers to finally turn up for this fixture. However, throw in the Cooke factor and it's extremely hard to call. Head says Wakey by 2, heart says Rovers by 4.

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

Really dont know how to call this one, HKR stuck to their job last week against the Giants, You have to think Wakey will have the edge at home, but they, like us and probably KR blow hot and cold, so who knows, Wakey by a small amount.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Wakey by 13
Posted Image

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

I'd like to see us and Wakey win this weekend to really intensify the race for the top 8 so I'll go Wakey by 10
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 geek

geek
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Gone for a Wakey win, apparently Rovers aren't happy about having Thaler as referee although I've yet to find any evidence of this after looking on Rovers' site or on the cabbage patch

Paul Cooke to get flattened by Clint Newton perhaps wink.gif

#8 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

Wakefield by 8

#9 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

As long as we keep Paul Cooke and our arch nemisis Sam Obst under control we will win.

#10 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

very strange, everyone on this thread is tipping Wakey, yet on the voting its 4-1 to Rovers

#11 Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

It looks like Obst is out which is a blow, in part because we will miss his contribution and in part because it lets Leo-Latu back in. I have to wonder at young Davy's future at the club if he is now 4th choice hooker behind Obst, a french guy on short tem loan and a waste of space from down under.
A game that could go either way but I am hopeful that Wakefield will bounce on from a good run out last week. The Robins always look flaky under the high ball to me and presumeably Cooke has noticed this as well. Is it also true that Briscoe will not make the trip?

#12 wakeytrin

wakeytrin
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Obst having a late fitness test, so not ruled out yet. Wakey by 12.

#13 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

poor poor result for Wakey today. Shame as I actually wanted them to win.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#14 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 4 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
poor poor result for Wakey today. Shame as I actually wanted them to win.

I didn't biggrin.gif

#15 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Brigg Rover @ Jul 4 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't biggrin.gif

Same here, great win for Rovers.

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (geek @ Jul 1 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gone for a Wakey win, apparently Rovers aren't happy about having Thaler as referee although I've yet to find any evidence of this after looking on Rovers' site or on the cabbage patch

Paul Cooke to get flattened by Clint Newton perhaps wink.gif

Watching the highlights he did get mugged by Newton.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users