Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Harlequins RL vs Bradford Bulls

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Harlequins RL (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Bradford Bulls (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Jul 12 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This announcer is a million times better than having an Aussie (perceiving the sport as foreign), who was the previous one until recently.

Arrrgh yes Warren Rabbits, I miss him sad.gif

#102 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

I think were all clutching at straws when we resort to having a pop at the announcer.

#103 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

So s this game was a "must win" fdor the BUlls and , well they didn't, what does that mean?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#104 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 12 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So s this game was a "must win" fdor the BUlls and , well they didn't, what does that mean?

'The End is Nigh' The problem is that too many players are not performing, and there is a constant stream of schoolboy errors, and they apparently cannnot get out of it. This constant throwing away of matches is destroying the faithful supporters who have supported them through thick and thin. It reminds me of those terrible days of the early sixties, when the club went down that slippery slope to oblivion.
Someone fresh has to come into the club, and provide an uplift, and none of that continuous excuses which appear in the local paper every week for the constant mistakes, and poor play which the supporters tolerate every match..

#105 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 11 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andrew, you really must stick to the thread. wink.gif
Quins / Bulls, not the glamours club's thread. tongue.gif
jealsouy is not good my friend.
Best wishes and only 2 more defeats to match Jimmy Lowes (poss next coach at bulls)
Keeps you on your toes...

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#106 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 12 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were so happy you needed to let it all sink in?!

Noticed you weren't prowling on Fri or Sat, I honestly thought you'd burst with joy.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#107 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 12 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keeps you on your toes...

LMFAO laugh.gif laugh.gif

#108 PTB

PTB
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 12 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No mate, 'The Aussie' as you call him used to get the names right but the guy on Friday night couldn't even get the names of former Quins players right. I'm sorry but if an announcer isn't sure about pronunciation he should check, to not do so is just plain amateurish and gives a poor impression.

Do I read this right?

A supporter from the club whose announcer gave us the unforgettable “Curtis” Melling is now criticising another announcer. Just checking…

#109 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

No mate, 'The Aussie' as you call him used to get the names right but the guy on Friday night couldn't even get the names of former Quins players right. I'm sorry but if an announcer isn't sure about pronunciation he should check, to not do so is just plain amateurish and gives a poor impression.

3 our of 10. Not much better than the Bulls were rolleyes.gif

Who cares about "former" Quins players? As long as he gets the hometeam right

WHat did he actually say which irked you? Steve Sackednamara? tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

'The Aussie' actually often got pronunciation wrong. The worst offence was "Saalford"

The British guy I've heard has been a vast improvement

#110 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

3 our of 10. Not much better than the Bulls were rolleyes.gif

WHat did he actually say which irked you? Steve Sackednamara? tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

'The Aussie' actually often got pronunciation wrong. The worst offence was "Saalford"

#111 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Lobbygobbler @ Jul 13 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In which case, I'm happy that you're happy. And only wish I were so easily pleased.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#112 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 13 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In which case, I'm happy that you're happy. And only wish I were so easily pleased.

He finally bought a Bulls foam hand, he's like a kitten with a ball of wool. biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users