Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Matt Orford wants to go back to Australia. Parramatta is interested.

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 brooza

brooza
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (AndyCapp @ Jul 22 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recall the Storm beating Leeds last year in a crappy game.

I recall the Storm being stripped of that for being cheats
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#62 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 23 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Fox Sports article contains the following passage:

"Despite Bradford declaring they wanted to see him play out his contract, the 32-year-old is reportedly keen to return to the NRL, where he is believed to be chasing a two-year deal. "

So it offers further evidence that Orford does want to go back to Australia!

Does it male genitals. Its the same one bit of paper talk male genitals continually regurgitated. And it fails to quote properly what the Bulls statement said, which would show that comment in a totally different light.

As it happens, I am reliably informed that Orford's agent specifically told the club a bit ago - when he met with them over another of his clients - that the stories were garbage. And he would stand to gain if they were not.

As I said, you are totally and utterly incapable of providing any evidence whatsoever of Orford ever saying that.

Either provide some evidence or just shut up, eh?

#63 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 23 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Fox Sports article contains the following passage:

"Despite Bradford declaring they wanted to see him play out his contract, the 32-year-old is reportedly keen to return to the NRL, where he is believed to be chasing a two-year deal. "

So it offers further evidence that Orford does want to go back to Australia!

Look mate, I have no idea whether he'll be back or not, but he says he will be. You really can't keep asking him to re-confirm it every time some junk source says he doing this, that or the other. Getting 'news' from Fox is as useless as reading something in the Sun; unreliable at the very very best, and just accepting it as true is just laughable to be honest.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#64 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Jul 23 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting 'news' from Fox is as useless as reading something in the Sun; unreliable at the very very best, and just accepting it as true is just laughable to be honest.

Its as accurate as an articlye from over 6 weeks ago saying he's in for the long haul.

Questions include -

Why is he in Australia recovering?

A contract is easily negotiable - plus it would get him off Bradford's wage bill rather than playing 12/30 odd games.

What makes the T&A (rofl) any more reputable than the SMH or Fox?

Posted Image

#65 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 23 2010, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its as accurate as an articlye from over 6 weeks ago saying he's in for the long haul.

Questions include -

A contract is easily negotiable - plus it would get him off Bradford's wage bill rather than playing 12/30 odd games.

If you really think such as Fox are reliable 'news' outlets then I'll mark you down as an even more unreliable poster than I thought. rolleyes.gif

PS I thank your for your interest in our club. cool.gif

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#66 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 23 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's the bit i don't understand.
foxes or poor people?

#67 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 23 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's the bit i don't understand.

The day that the Dulls fans wake up and smell the coffee and realise they've been taken for a ride by Orford, the better.

If they;'re really stuck, im sure Cas would loan them their 3rd choice scrum-half for the rest of the season?
Posted Image

#68 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

The Bradford journalists -- if that is what the T & A writers consider themselves -- are so damned lazy.

In 8 hours from now I will call some journalist friends in Australia to see if they know anything solid about Orford and his attitude to Bradford.
Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#69 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 23 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Bradford journalists -- if that is what the T & A writers consider themselves -- are so damned lazy.

In 8 hours from now I will call some journalist friends in Australia to see if they know anything solid about Orford and his attitude to Bradford.

Well done, have a biscuit!
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#70 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 23 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have friends?
People called Romans they go the house

#71 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,474 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Jul 23 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have friends?

Imaginary
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#72 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Questions include -

Direct quote from Orford himself

Ill have the surgery and then Ill be relying on my parents to do simple stuff like drive me around while I recover. Thats a big reason why Im going home.

Makes sense if he's over here on his own with no support network to help out.

#73 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same. If John Drake could come up with some algorithm that examines posts and identifies the characteristics of an attention-seeking troll, and then deletes them - ideally with the author as well - I bet the traffic on the site would increase significantly.

Not just a problem here, of course.

Maybe a bazooka would be an alternative?

#74 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Adeybull @ Jul 23 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same. If John Drake could come up with some algorithm that examines posts and identifies the characteristics of an attention-seeking troll, and then deletes them - ideally with the author as well - I bet the traffic on the site would increase significantly.

Not just a problem here, of course.

Maybe a bazooka would be an alternative?

There's always this option: How to automatically ignore all postings on this forum by people you simply cannot abide.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#75 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

I only have one complete tool on ignore.

Coincedentally, I wonder how long it will be before Webby comes on here wittering about putting people on ignore. Blah, blah, blah. Yawn. He should stick to writing the unfunny Red Hall Diaries. He isn't a good Webmaster anymore...

laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif Only kidding John!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#76 Bulligerent

Bulligerent
  • Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

Questions include -

In this case, the fact that their piece actually includes an interview and quotes from the man himself, something i have so far failed to see in any of the Australian articles. Still, when has anything factual ever got in the way of your laughable, irony free musings eh?

#77 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (John Drake @ Jul 23 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you still get to see the dross when people quote them, and the threads still get derailed, and the trollthreads still get started, whether or not you have the culprit/s on "ignore". So its as you were John, wish it was otherwise (

#78 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 23 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please be me, please be me.... *crosses fingers*
foxes or poor people?

#79 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Adeybull @ Jul 23 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you still get to see the dross when people quote them, and the threads still get derailed, and the trollthreads still get started, whether or not you have the culprit/s on "ignore". So its as you were John, wish it was otherwise (

Ah well, tried me best.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#80 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 23 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coincedentally, I wonder how long it will be before Webby comes on here wittering about putting people on ignore. Blah, blah, blah. Yawn. He should stick to writing the unfunny Red Hall Diaries. He isn't a good Webmaster anymore...

laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif Only kidding John!

Did someone say something...?

wink.gif

John Drake
TotalRL.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users