Matt Orford wants to go back to Australia. Parramatta is interested.

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same. If John Drake could come up with some algorithm that examines posts and identifies the characteristics of an attention-seeking troll, and then deletes them - ideally with the author as well - I bet the traffic on the site would increase significantly.

Not just a problem here, of course.

Maybe a bazooka would be an alternative?

You bet that traffic would increase more than the 80 posted contributions and 1825 viewings of this thread?

That would constitute a massive increase in site traffic ---of the kind that we have seen in rare cases, such as on my Wigan-Melbourne thread, where so far there have been 139 postings and 5,000 viewings!. :lol::lol::lol:

But thanks for posting on my threads, mate. You have contributed to the massive traffic increase on the site, and we are all delighted, in some cases even amused, to read whatever it is that you try to write.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same. If John Drake could come up with some algorithm that examines posts and identifies the characteristics of an attention-seeking troll, and then deletes them - ideally with the author as well - I bet the traffic on the site would increase significantly.

Not just a problem here, of course.

Maybe a bazooka would be an alternative?

Just because you don't agree with someones opinions, doesn't automatically make it rubbish.

Its a DISCUSSION forum. If no-one disgreed, it'd be a pretty boring place, no?

PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

And you still get to see the dross when people quote them, and the threads still get derailed, and the trollthreads still get started, whether or not you have the culprit/s on "ignore". So its as you were John, wish it was otherwise (

What utter BS.

This thread isn't being derailed.

The liklihood of Orford jumping ship from HMS Odslum is high, let face it.

A tatty article in the T&A doesnt make it any less likely.

PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

What utter BS.

This thread isn't being derailed.

The liklihood of Orford jumping ship from HMS Odslum is high, let face it.

A tatty article in the T&A doesnt make it any less likely.

But there's nothing in any of the articles that equally back your opinion of events.

He may well leave, and to be honest I'd probably welcome it, but just because you want to believe something doesn't make it true.

There's an 'outdated' article with quotes from the man in question to support the "he's staying" argument, but there's no quotes from Orford saying he wants to leave, caution? Maybe. Or sensationalist/lazy journalism? Equally likely.

I have not been able to make contact with my friends in Australia yet. But I will soon.

Matt Orford was filmed sitting in the crowd at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford last weekend, when Manly played Wests Tigers. He was sitting next to a Manly player who has been charged with sexual assault and behind several Manly reserve players. He seemed at ease, though for all I know he could have been pining for Bradford.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

I have not been able to make contact with my friends in Australia yet. But I will soon.

Matt Orford was filmed sitting in the crowd at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford last weekend, when Manly played Wests Tigers. He was sitting next to a Manly player who has been charged with sexual assault and behind several Manly reserve players. He seemed at ease, though for all I know he could have been pining for Bradford.

"man sits with mates watching game of Rugby" shock...

He may well be on his way to Australia but the "proof" that he is is tenious at best.. he spent a good while at manly, he has freinds there, he is spending time with his mates while recovering from an op hardly enough to convict him of wanting to leave to go to any aussie club.

As i say he may well do, he may well go in the winter but none of this makes any difference and none of it is proof in anyway shape or form and none of it will be convincing him one way or the other.. its not like he doesnt know what its like to live in aus or what te clubs are like FFS!

4 days and no word from your friends? me thinks the "made up" guess of who the friends are may be accurate.

I saw Orford sat with McNamara at Wakefield after his injury but before he left to return home for surgery. He was also sat behind a number of the Bradford reserve players and other injured first teamers - he seemed at ease, talking to others, celebrating our scores but for all i know, he was pining for Manly.............

If you're as dull and self-obsessed on the phone as you are on here, then I imagine they are screening your calls.

So he says - "You're not a real fishmonger, you've just done a plop in the wrong lavatory..."

Just because you don't agree with someones opinions, doesn't automatically make it rubbish.

Its a DISCUSSION forum. If no-one disgreed, it'd be a pretty boring place, no?

To be fair Kris, 99% of all your posts are utter male genitals

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same.

2 trolls bother you yet you post on RLFans :lol:

Nice one mate :D

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Both Orford himself and the chairman of the Bulls indicated that he would be back for next season. Apart from some unconfirmed Aussie press reports there is no confirmation of any change. I can't see that continual denials of Orford leaving are needed, because some press reporter in Australia wants to make up a story. Unless there is a statement by either Orford or the Bulls, I see it as a complete waste of time to report these Aussie press stories.

Both Orford himself and the chairman of the Bulls indicated that he would be back for next season. Apart from some unconfirmed Aussie press reports there is no confirmation of any change. I can't see that continual denials of Orford leaving are needed, because some press reporter in Australia wants to make up a story. Unless there is a statement by either Orford or the Bulls, I see it as a complete waste of time to report these Aussie press stories.

I hope he stays, i wouldnt be paying to much attention to half the posters on this thread

Do me a favour and read what I said before trying to have fun at my expense? Clue: I said "like".

On RL fans there are trolls a-plenty. But because most of the forums are club-specific, the club forum mods tend to deal with the trolls when they get out of hand. Some like Bulls are very laiisez-faire. Others like Hudds and Wakey can make Mussolini look left-wing... ;) And because they are club forums, the fans tend to outnumber the trolls big-time. Its much harder on here because they are general forums, and the mods are admirably laissez-faire - something the

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Stop talking nonsense, Adey.

There are rumours in the Aussie press that Matt is homesick and returning to the NRL, So it's deffo true.

Aye, 'appen you're right Mick. Stupid of me to think that what the man himself said to the club counts for anything, when a few ocker excuses for hacks talking out of their excuses for anuses clearly have the right of it...thanks for setting me straight on that...

Got a meeting coming up with Ryan - PM me in another place anything you reckon should ask him? You joined Bullbuilder yet?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Aye, 'appen you're right Mick. Stupid of me to think that what the man himself said to the club counts for anything, when a few ocker excuses for hacks talking out of their excuses for anuses clearly have the right of it...thanks for setting me straight on that...

Got a meeting coming up with Ryan - PM me in another place anything you reckon should ask him? You joined Bullbuilder yet?

Not a problem, always happy to put people in there place.

Not yet dude, think I am going to the forum though, do you need tix or do you need to book a seat?

I will do, cheers pal.

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same.

Do me a favour and read what I said before trying to have fun at my expense? Clue: I said "like".

Seems pretty clear to me why, ive never had principles :D

On RL fans there are trolls a-plenty. But because most of the forums are club-specific, the club forum mods tend to deal with the trolls when they get out of hand. Some like Bulls are very laiisez-faire. Others like Hudds and Wakey can make Mussolini look left-wing... ;)

Couldnt agree more, especially the 2nd part, getting ridiculous now, i blame Durham Giant :lol: