Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

End of season consequences

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

I like this one better

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#22 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (DAZROVER1985 @ Aug 22 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you saying both clubs are for the chop rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I am saying that Wakefield have played themsleves into near certainties for the chop, while Castleford are now 50-50. Both have received warning letters from the RFL but both seem unable to satisfy the demands of the RFL.

Next weekend will be very important for Castleford regarding the SL license decisionmaking of 2011. But I think that Wakefield are by now goners.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 22 August 2010 - 05:28 PM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#23 skep155

skep155
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

Your a troll of the highest order.

#24 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am saying that Wakefield have played themsleves into near certainties for the chop, while Castleford are now 50-50. Both have received warning letters from the RFL but both seem unable to satisfy the demands of the RFL.

Next weekend will be very important for Castleford regarding the SL license decisionmaking of 2011. But I think that Wakefield are by now goners.

Remind who is bottom of SL? And how did Toulouse go on against a weakened Fax side this week? Where are Toulouse in the Championship? Before worrying about English teams you should be worried at the poor standard of the French teams.

#25 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I w(ould say as a rugby supporter you are correct because wakefield have made no effort to progress from the level they are, but as a featherstone supporter castleford do deserve top flight status look at the preview to the callenge cup yet again a castleford school(credit where its due) competing for the school championship. they have a core support that can match warrington any day of the week. all they need is the quality arena they deserve wacko.gif wacko.gif i would take my hat off when they get it closedeyes.gif closedeyes.gif closedeyes.gif

#26 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

but you wuldnt agree that featherstone deserve their chance at the top table, with their squad fully british and their acceptance to the rugby league acadademy

#27 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (DAZROVER1985 @ Aug 22 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but you wuldnt agree that featherstone deserve their chance at the top table, with their squad fully british and their acceptance to the rugby league acadademy

Featherstone don't yet have an adequate stadium (based on what I saw in 2007) that will seat 10,000. They also are most unlikely to have the business plan, nor convince the RFL that they could attract the crowds necessary.

The RFL are also looking at the traffic jam of west Yorkshire clubs (5 at the moment), and perhaps thinking that the game needs more geographical balance, with fewer west Yorkshire and perhaps more expansion in the south of England, in Wales, and in France.

If the South Wales Scorpions continue to progress they will be a shoe in by 2018, and maybe sneak in earlier (depending on what happens with Crusaders as well). This Welsh expansion, as well as more southern England clubs, is more attractive to the TV companies than persisting with 5 or even 4 west Yorkshire clubs.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 22 August 2010 - 05:57 PM.

_____

#28 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Featherstone don't yet have an adequate stadium (based on what I saw in 2007) that will seat 10,000. They also are most unlikely to have the business plan, nor convince the RFL that they could attract the crowds necessary.

The RFL are also looking at the traffic jam of west Yorkshire clubs (5 at the moment), and saying that the game needs more geographical balance, with fewer west Yorkshire and perhaps more expansion in the south, in Wales, and in France.

If the South Wales Scorpions continue to progress they will be a shoe in by 2018, and maybe sneak in earlier (depending on what happens with Crusaders as well).

yes you are correct at the moment but fev have plans for the future and a ground to reflect it, but i suppose is the crowd is a question but with either or both our locals the crowd and the rugby which we are playing come 2014( what we are going for is reallistic) if we win the next 3 grand finals do we deserve a right

#29 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The RFL are also looking at the traffic jam of west Yorkshire clubs (5 at the moment), and perhaps thinking that the game needs more geographical balance, with fewer west Yorkshire and perhaps more expansion in the south of England, in Wales, and in France.

If the South Wales Scorpions continue to progress they will be a shoe in by 2018, and maybe sneak in earlier (depending on what happens with Crusaders as well). This Welsh expansion, as well as more southern England clubs, is more attractive to the TV companies than persisting with 5 or even 4 west Yorkshire clubs.

with the tv companies fev will never have a chance but as a competive competion all supporters would say they deserve it

#30 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (DAZROVER1985 @ Aug 22 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes you are correct at the moment but fev have plans for the future and a ground to reflect it, but i suppose is the crowd is a question but with either or both our locals the crowd and the rugby which we are playing come 2014( what we are going for is reallistic) if we win the next 3 grand finals do we deserve a right

I think that it will still be tough for Featherstone to get a license in 2014 round. They are a powerhouse in the Championship, and are likely to remain so. But I think that the RFL wants to continue to upgrade the Championship, with a new TV contract and more sponsors. They could well be thinking that the three way local rivalry between Wakefield, Castleford and Featherstone --- along with the challenges of Leigh, Halifax, and Barrow --- will make that 2nd tier compeitition a huge commercial success in its own right.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 22 August 2010 - 06:05 PM.

_____

#31 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do talk some rubbish. "Unable to satisfy the demands of the RFL?" Think you need to do a little more research and realise that Cas will be submitting detailed planning in October with building to start in Spring. Wakefield, OPP permitting, same timeline.

#32 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

Cannot see us going to Knowsley Rd and spoiling their party so the onus is on HKR to do us a job.

Think Justin Morgan won't want to go into the playoffs on two defeats so hopefully they'll be going all out for victory.

#33 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Fully @ Aug 22 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do talk some rubbish. "Unable to satisfy the demands of the RFL?" Think you need to do a little more research and realise that Cas will be submitting detailed planning in October with building to start in Spring. Wakefield, OPP permitting, same timeline.

These promises are for now just promises. Both clubs have been promising for years and not delivering.

We will have a rethink when, and only when, these promises become a reality.

_____

#34 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that it will still be tough for Featherstone to get a license in 2014 round. They are a powerhouse in the Championship, and are likely to remain so. But I think that the RFL wants to continue to upgrade the Championship, with a new TV contract and more sponsors. They could well be thinking that the three way local rivalry between Wakefield, Castleford and Featherstone --- along with the challenges of Leigh, Halifax, and Barrow --- will make that 2nd tier compeitition a huge commercial success in its own right.

that would be a awsome prospect but do really believe that rugby doesnt belong at the top in the bedrock of rugby, please tell me that this area doesnt produce our games talent mad.gif mad.gif at least

#35 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

Crusaders I think.

#36 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These promises are for now just promises. Both clubs have been promising for years and not delivering.

We will have a rethink when, and only when, these promises become a reality.

at least give him credit where its due ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

#37 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (DAZROVER1985 @ Aug 22 2010, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that would be a awsome prospect but do really believe that rugby doesnt belong at the top in the bedrock of rugby, please tell me that this area doesnt produce our games talent mad.gif mad.gif at least

West Yorkshire region produces a lot of the game's best talent. But so too does the Wigan-St Helens area, the Leeds-Bradford urban areas, and London metropolitan.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 22 August 2010 - 06:15 PM.

_____

#38 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Aug 22 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
West Yorkshire region produces a lot of the game's best talent. But so too does the Wigan-St Helens area, the Leeds-Bradford urban areas, and London metropolitan.

the golden triangle isnt called it for a laugh tho

#39 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

lol this is a funny thread this doesnt mean the end of wakefield both teams may somehow end up in superleague if harloquins go bust which is actually 50-50. wakefield finished 5th last year but there new criteria this time round so mate this threads a joke and you obviously no nothing about rugby but to be honest wakefield dont deserve a licence after today if you want to watch a team who just cant be bothered watch wakefield

#40 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (nath155 @ Aug 22 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol this is a funny thread this doesnt mean the end of wakefield both teams may somehow end up in superleague if harloquins go bust which is actually 50-50. wakefield finished 5th last year but there new criteria this time round so mate this threads a joke and you obviously no nothing about rugby but to be honest wakefield dont deserve a licence after today if you want to watch a team who just cant be bothered watch wakefield

if you want to watch a team on the up watch fev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users