Shocking king-hit on referee in French rugby league Toulouse match

1 hour ago, langpark said:

First and only time, I'd say!  Was probably met with typical reactions like: "I didn't know they play NRL in France"

More likely "which district of Sydney is France in?"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, kiyan said:

Off course the Daily Fail have picked up the story online, just to prove they do know RL exists.

The Mail ran the story yesterday of Gareth Southgate missing the Manchester Derby last night to watch the rugby league at Headingley instead. 

I think this incident was included because of the violence involved regardless of the sport.

20 minutes ago, kiyan said:

Off course the Daily Fail have picked up the story online, just to prove they do know RL exists.

First time we have been top story on the Mail online since the Huddersfield Salford fan violence. (spot a pattern?) Still not important enough for them to cover any matches or even give us a page on the sport site, though.

The Gareth Southgate story attending Leeds was one of the headlines the day before. I criticise the Mail sometimes but this week they did highlight a positive story. It is great publicity that the England manager attended a game in preference to a high profile football derby.  

This was an assault. Totally unacceptable. Should be charged as a criminal assault.

Having said that, it's just another example of mental instability that needs to be addressed in sport. It's an example to each other and our kids.

There's toughness, and mental weakness / instability. There's rules and there's consequences for breaking rules.  

This is the extreme pits of an example, but I think it should be a trigger to improve our sport to champion mental health issues. 

5 hours ago, Snowman123 said:

This was an assault. Totally unacceptable. Should be charged as a criminal assault.

Having said that, it's just another example of mental instability that needs to be addressed in sport. It's an example to each other and our kids.

There's toughness, and mental weakness / instability. There's rules and there's consequences for breaking rules.  

This is the extreme pits of an example, but I think it should be a trigger to improve our sport to champion mental health issues. 

I was just going to say the same, that kid has issues and needs help 

Archived