22 Jul: Bradford Bulls v York City Knights (League 1 Promotion Battle) KO 3pm

Anyway....here is the run in for both (full time/part time) teams:

York: Coventry (h), North Wales (h), West Wales (a), Hunslet (h), Workington (a), Oldham (h), Hemel (a), Whitehaven (h)

Bradford: London (a), Whitehaven (h), North Wales (a), Workington (h), Keighley (h), West Wales (a), Oldham (a), Hemel (h)

The most difficult game for York IMO is Workington away, not won in Cumbria since 1827 or something like that. Hunslet, Oldham and Whitehaven are potential tricky matches too and North Wales are a bit of a bogey team but I'm confident with them being home matches.

For Bradford I think Oldham away is the biggest challenge, they played Oldham away twice in 2017, losing the first match 26-22 and winning the second 20-16. Keighley have lost too many players to be a threat even though it is a derby.

It's going to be an interesting run in.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help looking at that with a bit of trepidation, as I could see York slipping up on more than one occasion whereas I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bradford win all of theirs.

For us the stand-out banana skin is Workington away. Hunslet, Oldham and Whitehaven won't be rolling over and I can see North Wales being tricky. Even Coventry are in a decent run of form and have just turned over Keighley so there's absolutely no room for any complacency after the Lord Mayor's show.

In our favour, the only side out of that lot we've lost to are Whitehaven.

6 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I can't help looking at that with a bit of trepidation, as I could see York slipping up on more than one occasion whereas I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bradford win all of theirs.

For us the stand-out banana skin is Workington away. Hunslet, Oldham and Whitehaven won't be rolling over and I can see North Wales being tricky. Even Coventry are in a decent run of form and have just turned over Keighley so there's absolutely no room for any complacency after the Lord Mayor's show.

In our favour, the only side out of that lot we've lost to are Whitehaven.

As I said in a other post the 8 point buffer York have now could be crucial.

Archived