22 Jul: Bradford Bulls v York City Knights (League 1 Promotion Battle) KO 3pm

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2018 at 9:58 AM, yipyee said:

Correct

However the quicker the big clubs can bounce back the better!

Half the England team came from the bulls set up, they need to continue this for the good of RL

Rubbish. Those players just went somewhere else 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

16-0  to York. They look good, Bradford don't seem to be aware there is a game on

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

22-0 to York and playing way better than Bradford probably have all year. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Bradford now 22-24 down with 5 to go. Some belting matches today 

Still 15 to go, was a long injury just after kick off. 

SQL Honours

York win 30-28 - Bulls could have drawn in the last minute but a wide conversation. Can't say York didn't deserve it, Bulls rightly punished for a slow start. 

SQL Honours

Just watched the last half hour of the Bulls game, referee was dreadful, I think it was 18 penalties in the end conceded by york, no yellow cards, no team warnings, they then consistently sat down at penalties claiming injury. 

Great entertainment and well done York, but I’d encourage anyone to watch the last 30 mins on proper sport and not feel the ref was a little out of his depth!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Bulls scored in the last minute, and then missed the conversion that would have earned the draw. 

Final score Bradford 28-30 York, in front of over 6,000 at Odsal.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Just watched the last half hour of the Bulls game, referee was dreadful, I think it was 18 penalties in the end conceded by york, no yellow cards, no team warnings, they then consistently sat down at penalties claiming injury. 

Great entertainment and well done York, but I’d encourage anyone to watch the last 30 mins on proper sport and not feel the ref was a little out of his depth!

That's plenty of ball to not score from. Sorry York didn't roll over ?

Just now, JonT said:

That's plenty of ball to not score from. Sorry York didn't roll over ?

Yes plenty of ball not to score from.  Helps if the team are fully rested from their mate being sat down.  Anyway, not a complaint about the result, as I only saw last 30 minutes, but assuming you watched it do you not agree with comments on ref?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I think the ref got it about right. 

As always, he missed things both ways, but he kept the game flowing. Some of the penalties were marginal, IMO, but I could see how all were given. Bulls had their chances.... York scrambled exceptionally well. He certainly wasn't out of his depth and is probably the best I've seen in League 1 this season.

Don't forget he was the one who gave the debatable penalty that gave Bulls the win in the 1st game of the season. Everything evens out and hopeful they will both go up.

The only thing I was quite surprised about was that there wasn't a team warning at some point, as there were a lot of penalties in a row that York conceded in the second half. 

SQL Honours

I was only able to watch the second half due to a prior commitment. The referee constantly penalised York and did nothing more than that at any point

That said, if you allow a team to go 24-0 up in half an hour, then its going to take some pulling back

Well done York, a few Bulls fans who saw the whole game have posted saying it was fully deserved. Certainly makes the rest of season interesting! 

Both Bradford - York games this year seem to have been crackers. I'm sure they'll both go up and really add value to the Championship next year, both on and off the field.

A great crowd of 6,500 too. Bradford still have some pulling power in the city!

There can be no excuse from the Bulls.To concede 24 first half points is criminal in any top of the table clash.Obviously the roles were reversed in the 2nd half but the game was lost in the first 20 minutes.Well done to York ,hopefully both teams will be promoted but anybody who thinks the last 8 games will be easy rides for both teams is dreaming.Tough games to come for both teams.For the Bulls London will be no walk over next week although York should dispose of an ever improving Coventry.Exciting times ahead but as a long supporting Bulls supporter I have seen several ups and downs so not too much of a surprise in front of 6500 spectators the Bulls lost.

Interesting to read Martyn Sadler's article today in which he says of Bulls Chairman Andrew Chalmers:

"Instead he's done a terrific job building up the Bulls' crowds in what has been a tremendous season for the club as it re-connects with it's audience in the city of Bradford."

Only thing is Bradford's avg crowd this year is in fact lower than last seasons, even when including yesterdays excellent off field effort!

Not a dig at Bradford as I know there isn't much in the way of away support in this division, but I'm a stickler for getting your crowd stats right.

Last season Bradford were in the Championship with plenty of Derby games,Halifax,Dewsbury,Batley, Featherstone.Hope you are not trying to compare games and attendances of those games with W.W ,Coventry, London Skolars,Hemel.

Not a dig at Bradford, I think you are being a bit pedantic and maybe gloating a bit after your win yesterday.

50 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Interesting to read Martyn Sadler's article today in which he says of Bulls Chairman Andrew Chalmers:

"Instead he's done a terrific job building up the Bulls' crowds in what has been a tremendous season for the club as it re-connects with it's audience in the city of Bradford."

Only thing is Bradford's avg crowd this year is in fact lower than last seasons, even when including yesterdays excellent off field effort!

Not a dig at Bradford as I know there isn't much in the way of away support in this division, but I'm a stickler for getting your crowd stats right.

Yeah, its a strange comment to be honest

Our crowds have inevitably been a bit lower this season - albeit probably not as low as some people predicted at the end of last season. So I guess the club serve credit for keeping attendances as high as they have been, if you see what I mean...

One thing that would have made crowds better IMO would have been to stick with Sunday afternoons and quit with 'experimenting' with games on Saturday and Friday. 

Archived