22 Jul: Bradford Bulls v York City Knights (League 1 Promotion Battle) KO 3pm

45 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Yeah, its a strange comment to be honest

Our crowds have inevitably been a bit lower this season - albeit probably not as low as some people predicted at the end of last season. So I guess the club serve credit for keeping attendances as high as they have been, if you see what I mean...

One thing that would have made crowds better IMO would have been to stick with Sunday afternoons and quit with 'experimenting' with games on Saturday and Friday. 

I make it a drop of just under 100 (2018 avg 3816, 2017 avg 3913) but it's still a great effort, not just home but away too. I believe you have Keighley at home to come still, plus a chance for revenge against Workington so wouldn't be surprised if you surpass the 2017 avg.

Agree about matches though. Keep them Sunday, don't chop and change all the time. Leave it to SKY to force that once in SL!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone clear up the disciplinary situation for me please?

York City Knights Josh Johnson (on DR from Hull KR) picked up a red card in the R16 win over Doncaster and was given a 1 match ban. Apparently John Kear was unhappy that he was allowed to play yesterday (R18), and the official Bradford website match report says he was 'controversially included.'

His ban means he will miss R19 against Coventry. I believe it was a similar situation with FuiFui MoiMoi who was banned but allowed to play before his ban took effect.

What is the actual rule here?

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

York City Knights Josh Johnson (on DR from Hull KR) picked up a red card in the R16 win over Doncaster and was given a 1 match ban. Apparently John Kear was unhappy that he was allowed to play yesterday (R18), and the official Bradford website match report says he was 'controversially included.'

His ban means he will miss R19 against Coventry. I believe it was a similar situation with FuiFui MoiMoi who was banned but allowed to play before his ban took effect.

Loved seeing Kear's tantrum in the post match interview regarding that. Great stuff.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

So far as I understand it...

JJ (Dual Reg to York from HKR playing in a match v Doncaster) was banned for 1 match by the disclipinary panel on Thursday July 19th .  That ban comes into effect at midnight the following day, so effective from the morning of Saturday 21st July - Operational rule D2:52

Friday 20th July Bradford spot that he's been banned yet named in the York squad, and notify the RFL.

According to John Kear in the interview RFL claimed they'd not received any notification (even though it's their disciplinary panel, published on their website, listed in the trade press, and have had it pointed out to them directly by BB). 

Sunday 22nd July: JJ plays and scores a try.  York win by 2 points.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

9 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

JJ (Dual Reg to York from HKR playing in a match v Doncaster) was banned for 1 match by the disclipinary panel on Thursday July 19th .  That ban comes into effect at midnight the following day, so effective from the morning of Saturday 21st July - Operational rule D2:52

Friday 20th July Bradford spot that he's been banned yet named in the York squad, and notify the RFL.

According to John Kear in the interview RFL claimed they'd not received any notification (even though it's their disciplinary panel, published on their website, listed in the trade press, and have had it pointed out to them directly by BB). 

Sunday 22nd July: Bradford score a try that's so far forward it's applying for Love Island 2019.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 10.57.36.png

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Bulls game strategy in full, as interpreted on the terrace:

Plan A:

Pick a forward at centre and four forwards on the bench

Plan B:

5 x drives followed by spiralling up and under

Plan C :

5 x drives followed by high kick to Ethan Ryan's wing

Plan D :

... er, that's it.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Spiers also played for Donny yesterday

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Loved seeing Kear's tantrum in the post match interview regarding that. Great stuff.

Was hardly a tantrum. Came across as frustrated more than anything.  He's very black and white is old John it's either right or wrong so the RFL saying 'Ooops we errr didn't see this or something' is bound to get him wound up.

It hardly puts our game in a great light if the RFL aren't sure about the rules they come up with. 

You can't ask the clubs to interpret and York were right to play him. The RFL however do look a little silly.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:50 AM, DEANO said:

Bradford are in the 3rd tier because that’s where their ment to be. If they get promoted to the second tier it’ll be where their meant to be

We aren't meant to be there though. It could possibly have been in the Championship as we were meant to have been in League 1 last year due to the liquidation. I say possibly as York were very good last year also. Yet between the RFL protecting their summer bash and the chairmen of the championship who had probably budgeted the bulls fans money during the season kept us in the championship. Yet people saw that we were getting preferential treatment to suit their own agendas.

Anyway, big wrap to York for yesterdays performance. Not many Championship teams would have coped with how clinical they were in the first 30 minutes yesterday. Absolutely took us to the cleaners. On our part we seemed to improve when our best player this season (along with Elliot Minchella) Joe Keyes went off. We came close but in all York were worthy winners and I think Mazive showed big character to score that last try after a shaky few minutes he had

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Sunday 22nd July: Bradford score a try that's so far forward it's applying for Love Island 2019.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 10.57.36.png

I’m explaining the situation as that’s what AB Knight requested. 

I don’t think you’ll find a single one of our fans that support any action on this regardless of whether it’s right or wrong.  And any complaints by the club to the RFL should have remained private.  It’s all very embarrassing.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Wolford,

Hypothetical I know, but if the Bulls regular centres Smith and Gibson,the two centres who you constantly knock for not running 80 metres had have been playing yesterday York would not have scored 30 points.However you have to cope with injuries and at this moment the Bulls do not have two more centres to replace them.Why moan about Kears plans anyway you got your wish,lots of points and losing 28-30.Just one thing wrong with your comments though,you forget you also have to defend in tight games or you lose.Also if I am correct you have to name your 19 the day before the game and unfortunately Smith was ruled unfit at the last minute.Smith and Gibson are in the team purely for their experience and their defence they are not expected to run 80 metres.Expect a hectic week of the Bulls trying to sign another centre.

Only one thing wrong with this video,there are two balls on the pitch,one leaving the players hands, one mysteriously appearing in the wingmans hands. Wonder what happened to the ball passing player before it reached the wingman,no way are the hands of the passing player throwing the pass forward.That is the reason V.R. is not used for forward passes.You say it was forward,the Ref. and the Touchie say it was not.Case dismissed, no case to answer.

4 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Only one thing wrong with this video,there are two balls on the pitch,one leaving the players hands, one mysteriously appearing in the wingmans hands. Wonder what happened to the ball passing player before it reached the wingman,no way are the hands of the passing player throwing the pass forward.That is the reason V.R. is not used for forward passes.You say it was forward,the Ref. and the Touchie say it was not.Case dismissed, no case to answer.

You wouldn't say that if York had scored that try. Even worse, look at the position of the TJ. Ideally placed, he chickened out of making the correct decision, as he did for your last try apparently. Anyway, it didn't affect the result, and the best team on the day won what was a great game of Rugby League.

And there was the other Bradford try where the guy bounced it off the floor like this was basketball, still given.

On the other hand, there was the bit where there was a blatant tip tackle followed by some fisticuffs and the ref had a word with some players but nothing else happened, I was sure one of ours was going in the bin.

But never mind the decisions, this was one of the best things I've had the privilege of seeing live. Better than seeing York City FC win the FA Trophy at Wembley. The Top House was welcoming as advertised and the whole thing was a great advert for the sport.

13 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

no way are the hands of the passing player throwing the pass forward.

As clear a forward pass as you'll ever see, right in front of the touch judge. An NRL ref got dropped for missing one which wasn't as clear cut as that.

The ref got a lot of stick yesterday from both sets of supporters, but he got no help at all from the TJ's. I think two more experienced officials should have been given the gig, ones who weren't overawed by the occasion, and wouldn't be influenced by the crowd. They were both carp.

12 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

And there was the other Bradford try where the guy bounced it off the floor like this was basketball, still given.

On the other hand, there was the bit where there was a blatant tip tackle followed by some fisticuffs and the ref had a word with some players but nothing else happened, I was sure one of ours was going in the bin.

But never mind the decisions, this was one of the best things I've had the privilege of seeing live. Better than seeing York City FC win the FA Trophy at Wembley. The Top House was welcoming as advertised and the whole thing was a great advert for the sport.

Too true, there was the knock on from the kick off from the York full back, several forward passes from both sides, a suspect looking head shot here and there and any number of other talking points but doesn't take away anything from the game nor the fact the players took sod all back into the changing rooms with them.

Yeah we lost, but for entertainment and for Odsal feeling like it used to it was just good to be there.

If we don't get to do it all again in the Championship next year then it's a travesty.

32 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Wolford,

Hypothetical I know, but if the Bulls regular centres Smith and Gibson,the two centres who you constantly knock for not running 80 metres had have been playing yesterday York would not have scored 30 points.However you have to cope with injuries and at this moment the Bulls do not have two more centres to replace them.Why moan about Kears plans anyway you got your wish,lots of points and losing 28-30.Just one thing wrong with your comments though,you forget you also have to defend in tight games or you lose.Also if I am correct you have to name your 19 the day before the game and unfortunately Smith was ruled unfit at the last minute.Smith and Gibson are in the team purely for their experience and their defence they are not expected to run 80 metres.Expect a hectic week of the Bulls trying to sign another centre.

Pickersgill FB McNally Centre??

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Your video does not prove that.You are entitled to your opinion,my opinion is no way can you tell from that video there is a forward pass.What is the problem anyway?York desevedly won,the game is finished,nothing will change.You will see half a dozen of these passes in every game you watch

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Your video does not prove that.You are entitled to your opinion,my opinion is no way can you tell from that video there is a forward pass.What is the problem anyway?York desevedly won,the game is finished,nothing will change.You will see half a dozen of these passes in every game you watch

Regardless of who scored the try, look at where the ball started and where it was caught. That is a clue!

For what it is worth,I would pick Pickersgill in the starting line up, unfortunately the supporters do not pick the team.I am sure Mumby you will be aware of the famous Jack Gibson (Coach) staement " when I start taking notice of the supporters I will be sat with them the week after"

4 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

It's not a video, it's two screen shots spliced together so you can clearly see the ball being passed forward.

My problem is these shouldn't be missed by the officials, was as clear as day in real time and even clearer when watching it back. Letting the odd "flat" pass go when they aren't the scoring pass fair enough but that try gave Bradford a lift on the stroke of half time. Really poor form from the officials there.

Archived