22 Jul: Bradford Bulls v York City Knights (League 1 Promotion Battle) KO 3pm

3 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Look at his hands,that is another clue.

The ones in front of him?

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 16.44.50.png

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Simon Hall said:

It's not a video, it's two screen shots spliced together so you can clearly see the ball being passed forward.

My problem is these shouldn't be missed by the officials, was as clear as day in real time and even clearer when watching it back. Letting the odd "flat" pass go when they aren't the scoring pass fair enough but that try gave Bradford a lift on the stroke of half time. Really poor form from the officials there.

Can you do the same for the pass leading up to the try where your bloke ran through Keyes?  It was there, just as obvious but also missed.  At one all I'd say we were level.

It's a pointless argument.

1 minute ago, Simon Hall said:

It's not a video, it's two screen shots spliced together so you can clearly see the ball being passed forward.

My problem is these shouldn't be missed by the officials, was as clear as day in real time and even clearer when watching it back. Letting the odd "flat" pass go when they aren't the scoring pass fair enough but that try gave Bradford a lift on the stroke of half time. Really poor form from the officials there.

Was in line with the pass and it was clearly a foot forward. Me and the lad thought we'd started playing by "American Football Rules". All in all, what a cracking game and there was only one winner and that was Rugby League............oh and the Knights :-) 

6 minutes ago, Scarey71 said:

Can you do the same for the pass leading up to the try where your bloke ran through Keyes?  It was there, just as obvious but also missed.  At one all I'd say we were level.

It's a pointless argument.

You mean this one?

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 16.53.16.png

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

This match is just what the game of RFL needed,  particularly in the lowers leagues. It first of all proves that NO WAY can the game be cut off or left to die at this level. Nearly 6500 fans today. 6500. It's got us some coverage in the nationals. This is league one we are talking about. An in addition Coventry's superb win against Keighley has also garnered much interest amongst the media and it's outlets.

Plus look at the interest on this thread too.

Glad I started it :)

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Just now, Mumby Magic said:

Hi there. Just wondering on your thought on if Jordan Tansey was offside or not in thee Magic W/end game Bulls Leeds 2007?

Nowhere near offside, he just ran really fast.

No, there was a DH to first receiver first pass back around our 40m IIRC.  Both sides committed them all game, Hallas sent out an absolute howler the ref missed in the second half.

Maybe being harsh on the ref as the touchies did not seem to want to get involved. Didn't spoil the occasion though as there were consistent.

Big pat on the back for your winger for going 80m.  He'd been running on one leg for the previous 20 mins I could imaging the thoughts in his head when it came his way... 

9 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

This match is just what the game of RFL needed,  particularly in the lowers leagues. It first of all proves that NO WAY can the game be cut off or left to die at this level. Nearly 6500 fans today. 6500. It's got us some coverage in the nationals. This is league one we are talking about. An in addition Coventry's superb win against Keighley has also garnered much interest amongst the media and it's outlets.

Plus look at the interest on this thread too.

Glad I started it :)

So am I ? , credit to both teams for a fantastic game in energy sapping heat , great advert for Lge 1 .

Every week we are talking about the referee getting decisions wrong and we have had our fair share this season and both supporters could argue all day about what went against them yesterday.but the real winner yesterday was Rugby League and especially the so called clubs outside Super League who are only interested in themselves instead of looking at the bigger picture(apart from Leeds).because if there was no Championship or League 1 where would players who have been released from the Super League go.probably there would be lost to the game altogether.

I think overall yesterday's decisions level themselves out.  2 Bradford trys were very debatable. York were lucky not to have a player in the sin bin - down to 12 men for 10mins and I bet Bradford would've scored a few. So it evens it up.

Great crowd, good marketing, some decent exposure in the papers showing that League 1 is alive and well and 2 sets of players who gave their all. It sets things up for a great finish to the season!

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Wolford,

Hypothetical I know, but if the Bulls regular centres Smith and Gibson,the two centres who you constantly knock for not running 80 metres had have been playing yesterday York would not have scored 30 points.However you have to cope with injuries and at this moment the Bulls do not have two more centres to replace them.Why moan about Kears plans anyway you got your wish,lots of points and losing 28-30.Just one thing wrong with your comments though,you forget you also have to defend in tight games or you lose.Also if I am correct you have to name your 19 the day before the game and unfortunately Smith was ruled unfit at the last minute.Smith and Gibson are in the team purely for their experience and their defence they are not expected to run 80 metres.Expect a hectic week of the Bulls trying to sign another centre.

Pickersgill at fullback or wing or sub. McNally fullback or wing. Ryan centre. Rickett on hand for contingency wing if fit. Lilley on bench to cover various contingencies.

Posted elsewhere:

MY PLAYER RATINGS

BULLS: McNally 4, Grant 5, Johnson 4, Oakes 6, Ryan 8, Keyes 4, Chisholm 7, Crossley 8, Hallas 6, Bustin 5, Minchella 8, Garside 6, Wood 6. Interchange: Flanagan 8, Kirk 4, Peltier 8, Green 8.

Average performance rating = ~6, which is about right on the day.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

5 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Regardless of whether it was forward or not ( which we all no it was ) it should have been a scrum to york at the other end when we kicked on the last. Ref said it went backwards although he was facing our attack

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

The only thing that really matters is the score, and to see a part-time team beat a full-time team is even more thrilling.

Nice one, York! 

This is incorrect.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

16 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Which bit is incorrect?

Just the facts bit. Bradford are not full time and York are not entirely part-time. Aside from that, great post.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

5 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Just the facts bit. Bradford are not full time and York are not entirely part-time. Aside from that, great post.

Thank you. 

Superb entertainment, especially for the neutral. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Archived