22 Jul: Bradford Bulls v York City Knights (League 1 Promotion Battle) KO 3pm

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pack is good, the defence has improved but the play making is still short of whats expected looking at recent match's, if they decide to click the scoreline will look decent if not another close game for the Bulls and possibly on the wrong side!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

My view on things and where it will be won or lost (posted on the York forum too):

Bradford fans please correct me on any of this but they seem to be slow out of the blocks. They were 10 or 12-0 down at Newcastle, Doncaster took an early lead at Odsal, Coventry were in the lead at the 20 or so minute mark, took them a while to build up a big lead at Hemel, and it was nip and tuck early on at home to Newcastle (and possibly London Skolars too). That seems to be their weakness, but then in true John Kear style they slowly get into the game before taking complete control.

Bradford have a real purple patch either side of half time. For me, York need to still be in the game at half time, can't be more than a score or two behind. And please start the second half more intelligently, I've mentioned before our competition rate for the first set of the 2nd half is about 25%, kicking out on the full, knock ons etc going for the power play, it just invites pressure. Play that all important start to the 2nd half with one man rugby, kick the damn thing into touch then slowly build from there. If we can go into the last 20mins still in the game I'll fancy our chances because one of the biggest improvements this season is the fitness of the players.

Finally, no dodgy 80th minute refereeing decisions. Simples! 

York will know that any chance of automatic promotion depends on them winning this game. ABK's analysis above seems pretty objective to me. Bulls will need to play for the full 80 mins, and certainly up their game somewhat compared with most recent performances (where, admittedly, they were under less threat), to come away with the spoils here. Optimistic but far, far from complacent!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

1 hour ago, Adeybull said:

York will know that any chance of automatic promotion depends on them winning this game. ABK's analysis above seems pretty objective to me. Bulls will need to play for the full 80 mins, and certainly up their game somewhat compared with most recent performances (where, admittedly, they were under less threat), to come away with the spoils here. Optimistic but far, far from complacent!

I'd also say York need to up their game too, given real tests by Newcastle then Doncaster followed by a mere 2 point win at London Skolars. Being a Cas fan first and foremost, I can afford to be a bit more neutral. It actually makes makes matches that little bit more interesting because although I want York to win, I can look at refereeing decisions from a more neutral position.

I have a feeling both teams will step up and play much better than recent weeks.

Covering all bases,if both teams play to their full potential Bulls by 8,if York are off the boil and Bulls are on it Bulls by 20,if York are on the boil and Bulls off it York by 4.That is what you call "sitting on the fence" L.O.L. I have been watching Northern /Bulls long enough not to make predictions about any game especially where the Bulls are concerned.

28 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Covering all bases,if both teams play to their full potential Bulls by 8,if York are off the boil and Bulls are on it Bulls by 20,if York are on the boil and Bulls off it York by 4.That is what you call "sitting on the fence" L.O.L. I have been watching Northern /Bulls long enough not to make predictions about any game especially where the Bulls are concerned.

If both teams play to their full potential, I'm going for York to win by 144.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

York have just signed Ormondroyd and Jordan Roberts from Leeds.Will they both play Sunday.?

York already have a very strong pack, so we will just have to wait and see.

Bulls U19 18 Leeds U19 10 at Odsal tonight - absoutely fantastic game, two sets of superb young lads. Possibly the best game I have seen all season.

With young lads like these - and especially for Bulls, two divisions below, the future is looking pretty bright!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

John Kears A game is designed to win first and foremost which has failed only once this season.How many tries has winger Ryan scored this year?How many tries has Minchella scored from offloads.?How many points have they scored,answer,a lot more than anybody else in the League.Now please tell me what else would you like to see,throwing the ball all over the field and losing 48-46.Some supporters are never satisfied,win and they are rubbish,lose and they are rubbish.You pay your money so you have a right to your opinion but I thought the same way as you do I would not bother going.

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

John Kears A game is designed to win first and foremost which has failed only once this season.How many tries has winger Ryan scored this year?How many tries has Minchella scored from offloads.?How many points have they scored,answer,a lot more than anybody else in the League.Now please tell me what else would you like to see,throwing the ball all over the field and losing 48-46.Some supporters are never satisfied,win and they are rubbish,lose and they are rubbish.You pay your money so you have a right to your opinion but I thought the same way as you do I would not bother going.

Bradford need a promotion first and foremost, for all the clubs in league 1 this is their cup final and will raise their game, Bradford are a SL club stuck in league1 and the sooner they regain their rightful place in the top league the better! 

There is only a small amount of clubs that can draw over 10k and produce international players. SL needs the sleeping giants to wake up! 

Good luck to both teams but hopeing for a Bradford win for the sake of the future of RL!

10 hours ago, yipyee said:

Good luck to both teams but hopeing for a Bradford win for the sake of the future of RL!

Even if York were to win this game, I think it would be the least of problems for the future of RL.

21 hours ago, fairfolly said:

York have just signed Ormondroyd and Jordan Roberts from Leeds.Will they both play Sunday.?

I'd be surprised if they are involved this weekend. The current side is fairly settled, and it would be a big ask for them to go straight into a game like this. Next 3 games though, are Coventry, Crusaders, and Raiders, expect them to feature then in the run in to the end of the season. York to win by 49 and go top of the league on Sunday.

15 hours ago, yipyee said:

Bradford are a SL club stuck in league1 and the sooner they regain their rightful place in the top league the better! 

Nobody has a rightful place anywhere - you get what you deserve. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

8 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

There's certainly going to be some scenes when that drop goal attempt sails over on the final hooter to give the Knights that win by 49...

It doesn't have to sail over, i thought it counted if it dropped a couple of feet short of the crossbar

15 hours ago, yipyee said:

Bradford need a promotion first and foremost, for all the clubs in league 1 this is their cup final and will raise their game, Bradford are a SL club stuck in league1 and the sooner they regain their rightful place in the top league the better! 

There is only a small amount of clubs that can draw over 10k and produce international players. SL needs the sleeping giants to wake up! 

What a wally.

Archived