Swinton challenge cup game

Maureen T-k

The club have announced that our game against Swinton in the challenge cup will take place on Saturday 30th March with a kick off time of 1pm at the LD nutrition stadium 

Im Fev and im proud

I think this is a very poor decision by the club. Not the day, but the time. I understand the need for recovery before Toulouse but 1pm... come on! I am another who now cannot attend due to work. Why not an early evening kick off? Why not ask the fans opinion? Our default position is that we kick off home games at 3pm on Sundays so this is massive change that a lot of fans will not have envisaged and may not be able to be there. Very disappointing!

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

2 hours ago, roversspud said:

I think this is a very poor decision by the club. Not the day, but the time. I understand the need for recovery before Toulouse but 1pm... come on! I am another who now cannot attend due to work. Why not an early evening kick off? Why not ask the fans opinion? Our default position is that we kick off home games at 3pm on Sundays so this is massive change that a lot of fans will not have envisaged and may not be able to be there. Very disappointing!

i agree I can't get either could have made 3 o clock at a push but if it helps us stuff toulouse  i'll have to suck it up and see  and watch rovers TV for my FEV fix

You'll never please everyone. 1pm to me is far better than an evening kick off, you win some, you lose some. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

29 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Lose a good few by looks of it! 

You'll never be able to know, unless some parallel universe holds the game at a different time. As far as I can tell so far, we're about 10 or so down based on a handful of posts on here. There will be those that can go at 1pm that couldn't later too. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

18 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

You'll never be able to know, unless some parallel universe holds the game at a different time. As far as I can tell so far, we're about 10 or so down based on a handful of posts on here. There will be those that can go at 1pm that couldn't later too. 

Well we will certainly see when the attendance is announced on the day, i can understand the day change but surely 3 pm ko would have been better for most fan's. Anyway it is what it is. 

Thank goodness it’s a 1pm kick off  otherwise I couldn’t attend on the Saturday 

Im Fev and im proud

The crowd wont be an indicator in my opinion. Swinton not a great attraction and there wont be many of their supporters there. 1pm is fine by me as I cannot get to night matches. 3pm would also have been ok.

Archived