Match Thread. London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 19th March 2016

marklaspalmas

Rovers kick off at 8pm in Ealing making it very difficult for our fans to get to.

So it's live at the clubhouse:

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/48982/see-the-broncos-game-live

and of course Fev Lions are also playing that afternoon in the Cup at the Bigfellas:

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article/48991/focus-on-lions

I wonder how many fans we'll have in London?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many fans we'll have in London?

Well it's the nearest thing to a local game for me so I'll be there along with assorted family. Anyone going should prebook before gameday (ring London Broncos on 0208 991 6693, they will reserve a ticket at the gate) as it's £15 in advance but £20 on the day. same goes for the League game 9 days later.

Thought it was scheduled for the 28th March?

The league game is, this is the challenge cup game they're on about!!

Im Fev and im proud

19-man squads announced

Broncos: Ackers, Barthau, Battye, Bussey, Davis. Eliab, Everett, Foster, Garside, Harrison, Hellewell, Kear, Leatherbarrow, Macani, Magrin, Offerdahl, Thackray, Walker and Williams

Rovers: Craven, Johnson, Channing, Taulapapa, Turner, Thackeray, Griifin, Bostock, Davies, Spears, Milner, Hardman, Roche, Ormondroyd, Cording, Day, Cooper and Tagg

Briggs has a knock from last week & Ellis cup-tied after playing for Hull University in an earlier round. Spears back, which is good to see.

They are minus their starting props Slyney & Ioane who have both been playing very well, I'd like to think we can win the collisions here.

Presumably either Craven goes to 6 with Hardman at full back,or Milner gets a game at half back. Interesting to see if Sam Day gets a game, he'd be quite interesting on that 3G pitch.

19-man squads announced

Broncos: Ackers, Barthau, Battye, Bussey, Davis. Eliab, Everett, Foster, Garside, Harrison, Hellewell, Kear, Leatherbarrow, Macani, Magrin, Offerdahl, Thackray, Walker and Williams

Rovers: Craven, Johnson, Channing, Taulapapa, Turner, Thackeray, Griifin, Bostock, Davies, Spears, Milner, Hardman, Roche, Ormondroyd, Cording, Day, Cooper and Tagg

Briggs has a knock from last week & Ellis cup-tied after playing for Hull University in an earlier round. Spears back, which is good to see.

They are minus their starting props Slyney & Ioane who have both been playing very well, I'd like to think we can win the collisions here.

Presumably either Craven goes to 6 with Hardman at full back,or Milner gets a game at half back. Interesting to see if Sam Day gets a game, he'd be quite interesting on that 3G pitch.

Have Rovers named just 18 players then?

Out from last week's 19: Baldwinson, Briggs & Ellis. In: Spears and Day.

Colin.... you need help

Get worse! Just looked at league schedule. I am getting more and more senior moments. Good for a laugh. 82 is a funny age. I have just been for a Speed Aware Course for doing 36 miles a hour in a 30 mile an hour zone. In my opinion that is fast! Cheers. Will keep taking the pills Robin.

They are missing Wes Naiqama too who is serving a ban - he is their main kicker

Nothing to fear down there to be honest, suprised we didnt rest a few more than that though, expected a few more of the young ones in that that

Nothing to fear down there to be honest, suprised we didnt rest a few more than that though, expected a few more of the young ones in that that

I thought that too but then to be fair we considered the team that played at Catalans last year to be full of young ones yet Johnson, Milner, Ormondroyd, Cooper, and Day (along with Teasdale and Tonks) are the guys that we would have put in that bracket from that game but along with Tagg & Roche they are all in the squad for Saturday, it's just that a lot of them are now established members of the first-team squad.

14-4 HT

Fev touched the ball 4 times in 1st 20 mins due to poor discipline and dropping two london kicks - they go down the slope in the second half though

Thackeray on way to hospital with suspected broken jaw, Channing also off injured so doing it tough

Archived