Oh dear.{again}

hunsok3

26.6 up and then we self distruct,can somebody explain to me ,what is going on,we were really unlucky against fev,didn't play full strength sides against ,bratfud and liegh,no disrespect to Donny,they hadn't won a game all season,low on confidence,and still make mugs of us ,sorry but eaton needs to go,plain and simple. 

will he go.......... 

not on your nelly...........

the coach is s.hit.. has been for 3 seasons and still stays

guess another contract . while hes up at headingley not even bothered

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

You can make amends by simply beating batley

If you do your dire efforts today will be forgiven by me..just make one person happy please

Think bazza must have lost the plot and hopefully he will have a word with his pimp and draft in some serious D/R for the dogs game...

If not you'll be doctor fostering in Gloucester or stag nighting in Hemel

In the words of terrorvision

Oblivion ;)

not a chance beating batley....... with clueless eaton in charge.. 

never known  any team winning at halftime  loads times in season and just about losing everyone

eatons record is just woeful and not just this season

hunslet till i die

So the players got us 26-6 up but it was Eaton who shipped in the 28 unanswered points?

are you barry

hunslet till i die

Well what can you say, for me our stand out player today was, Josh Walters tackled everything in front of him,our other players watched him. and he had lots of go forward game.

Andy Yates had good game too , along with the ever consistant Jimmy Watson.

Don't think Barnett had a bad game today either , great try. I do worry him taking a high ball, lucky he did not have to take one today.

But our team was riddled with silly school boy  mistakes , which as always been Hunslet's trade mark.

We still need the Leeds connection as yet , as without the likes of Josh Walters playing for us today.

We would have been ripped apart more easily. We just don't have the money, without Leeds supporting with their

players on DR helping us out , you can say what you want but it's a fact of life. Barry Eaton's the main connection being the  assistant coach at Leeds,which must help us , when we will need to call on these players like Keinhorst , Walters etc. If we sack him now that could/ will finish.

I don't want to be sent to Coventry, watching Hemel Bedspread and their like next season. Without the Leeds players we will be full stop.

Someone said today make Mike Cas coach now, I thought he was a great player himself , errrr.. coach no, he should not be our assistant coach , if I remember rightly think he was one of the worst  we have had, or at least one of em, and there's been a few.

Now if we do down , and we could , then Barry Eaton has to go along with Mike Cas.

If we don't job well done ,give em a rise.

You can make amends by simply beating batley

If you do your dire efforts today will be forgiven by me..just make one person happy please

Think bazza must have lost the plot and hopefully he will have a word with his pimp and draft in some serious D/R for the dogs game...

If not you'll be doctor fostering in Gloucester or stag nighting in Hemel

In the words of terrorvision

Oblivion ;)

Will try our best Coolie at Batley next week.

Really don.t want to buy a bedspread in hemel.

There's new favourites for relegation this morning then.

I must admit to being worried about this at the start, it was Donny's last real chance of a win and us getting over two big defeats against fulltime teams. So I was a happy and relieved man around the 55 minute mark when Casey's try put us 20 points up. Game over surely? I thought so, but the people who REALLY matter, the players, obviously thought so too. Result: one of the biggest momentum swings in 40 minutes I can ever remember in a rugby match.

I said post-Leigh that some of the big forwards looked in need of a rest, so why were they in the starting line-up? And the same for Brown, two months out and then played a quickfire 160 minutes v Bradford and Leigh, was he really in the "right place" for this match, whilst Grimmer watched on the sidelines?

With about ten minutes left there was a break in play for an injury to a Donny player and I looked round the team, Kain and Watson were both hobbling about and there was TOTAL silence among the players, nobody talking or geeing up. Pretty clear then at this point then, which way this game was going ...

Most important week since last year's grand final coming up then. This MUST be taken as a wake-up call to EVERYBODY involved on the playing side. And the mental work will be just as important as anything done on the training ground.

I look forward to seeing whether we can muster a "backlash" up the Mount on Sunday ...

Well what can you say, for me our stand out player today was, Josh Walters tackled everything in front of him,our other players watched him. and he had lots of go forward game.

Don't think Barnett had a bad game today either , great try. I do worry him taking a high ball, lucky he did not have to take one today.

But our team was riddled with silly school boy  mistakes , which as always been Hunslet's trade mark.

We still need the Leeds connection as yet , as without the likes of Josh Walters playing for us today.

We would have been ripped apart more easily. We just don't have the money, without Leeds supporting with their

players on DR helping us out , you can say what you want but it's a fact of life. Barry Eaton's the main connection being the  assistant coach at Leeds,which must help us , when we will need to call on these players like Keinhorst , Walters etc. If we sack him now that could/ will finish.

I don't want to be sent to Coventry, watching Hemel Bedspread and their like next season. Without the Leeds players we will be full stop.

Someone said today make Mike Cas coach now, I thought he was a great player himself , errrr.. coach no, he should not be our assistant coach , if I remember rightly think he was one of the worst  we have had, or at least one of em, and there's been a few.

Now if we do down , and we could , then Barry Eaton has to go along with Mike Cas.

that be mark,,,so your keeping them if you dont go down.very kind.. :download: see yers sunday. :bb:

Useless! A complete lack of gumption in the team. Some players play well and still can't get into the team. Mvududu has been playing well but we put a forward into the centre?

If I was picking the team, I would pick my 17 best players and stick with it more or less. I would have had :---

Watson; Agoro, Mvududu, Cook, Brickwood; Kain, Brown; Castle, Lee, Houston, Backhouse, Lyons Mackay.  Subs from Flanagan, Grimshaw, Reed, Elliott and Brennan. If further players were required through injuries, we could use D/R with Briscoe, Keinhorst, Yates and Walters. I know this may be controversial but at least you would know who our players were. I have nothing against Maun either, but he may have played a a season too long .

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

Both teams will need the win on Sunday and I am hoping Batley don't freeze in the headlights as they are prone to doing!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Badly missing players who can score tries. Briscoe, Duckworth, Grimmer, Brennan from close range. Kain doesn't look up for it. Missed Lilley who at just 18 gives direction to others. Why is Lilley getting injured playing for Leeds Academy? Surely if we are serious he should be saved for us and not risked? Gee played out of position at centre but still got 2 tries. Barnett scored a good try but again dropped a ball from a kick when he had the line to attack and he also missed tackles. Batley nearly beat Halifax and Workington are hitting form. Based on yesterday I think we will get relegated. Much as I don't want DR with Leeds we don't have a choice if we want to compete

But our team was riddled with silly school boy mistakes , which as always been Hunslet's trade mark.

players on DR helping us out , you can say what you want but it's a fact of life. Barry Eaton's the main connection being the assistant coach at Leeds,which must help us , when we will need to call on these players like Keinhorst , Walters etc. If we sack him now that could/ will finish.

Someone said today make Mike Cas coach now, I thought he was a great player himself , errrr.. coach no, he should not be our assistant coach , if I remember rightly think he was one of the worst we have had, or at least one of em, and there's been a few.

My mate who writes for the club who was sat near the coaching team said Eaton was screaming at his assistants but they didn't seem to know what to do

that be mark,,,so your keeping them if you dont go down.very kind.. :download: see yers sunday. :bb:

Sorry got his first name wrong.

Look we got relegated last time with Barry in charge , how many more chances do you want us to give them,

I said give it to the end of the season, that's fair enough in my book. A few of your supporters were calling for your coach

to resign , and he has done great for Batley , Ok maybe he has not done so well this year, but like us we not relegated yet.

With our squad and the duel reg players on offer from Leeds most weeks , we should do a lot better.

My mate who writes for the club who was sat near the coaching team said Eaton was screaming at his assistants but they didn't seem to know what to do

Good grief how poor is that.

Sorry got his first name wrong.

Look we got relegated last time with Barry in charge , how many more chances do you want us to give them,

I said give it to the end of the season, that's fair enough in my book. A few of your supporters were calling for your coach

to resign , and he has done great for Batley , Ok maybe he has not done so well this year, but like us we not relegated yet.

With our squad and the duel reg players on offer from Leeds most weeks , we should do a lot better.

jurys still out on jk for me,we have lost far too many games that would a been put to bed if we had better playmaker near the line to set things up and finish teams off in the last 20. i know he has to work with what he as but he dont seem to get the best out of some a the lads for me,a quality 6 and 7 start a season would a done wonders for us, massive game sunday thats for sure and i reckon it will be a cracker with us  just nicking it.. :bb:34-22 to the dogs.

Evening lads. Just wondered what your opinions are on the DR players you've had  this season? I know a lot of you don't agree with DR in principle but how do you reckon the lads have performed? Cheers

Well good I would say Pudsey . Briscoe & Duckworth both long term injuries and on  season long loan from Leeds, well were missing them big style.

Keinhorst class act , Josh Walters outstanding at Donny always gives 100%.Great if he played every week.

Robbie Ward & Mulhern decent players.

Delany played one match at Bradford was not interested , so don't want him back even though he is good player for Leeds.

Young Jordan Lilley fantastic first game for us going to be a great player , second game had to play out of position at fullback , this did not work , lets have him back in the team in his proper position, although have heard he is injured so won't be playing for us as yet. 

hope I have not missed anyone else playing on D/R.

Well them who don't agree with D/R must rather have Champ 1 next season then , as if they like it or not , we would be down now without these players from Leeds playing for us. As sadly we just don't have the money to compete in this league on our own, it's still going to be  hard  with the duel reg players to stop up, but  at least stopping up is still in our hands , unlike the ball was on Sunday.

Cheers mate thanks for the response.

I get peoples scepticism when it comes to DR, but I agree with you. If we can blood young/inexperienced players whilst helping a club that struggles to compete financially then it should be mutually beneficial (at least that's how I see it). 

With regards to the players I've been looking on here and a fev forum to see how our lads are doing all season. Big things were/are expected of Walters but he piled on the muscle in the off season and seems to be trying to get used to carrying an extra 7 or 8 kilos. Thought Mulhern might of grabbed a few more headlines because he as all the attributes to be a top quality player, and even though he's a kid I thought he might of gone a bit better (Baldwinson at Fev has been class).

Delaney is a tough competitor but I do wonder whether our more experienced players will want to risk injury on DR.

Lilley has been lined up as a first team since he was eleven  and looked great in the academy.

Can't realistically see Briscoe, Ward, Duckworth or Yates making it at Leeds so who knows maybe you'll see a lot more of them!

Archived