What happened to the clubs run the league ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that the NCL has agreed with the RFL that dual registrations will take place next season. When was this voted on by the member clubs ?

I am of the opinion that dual registration was debated at an earlier meeting. Member clubs voted against it so lets not be bullied into forcing this through.

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

There's a Club meeting coming up on 17th November.  Make sure your club is represented!!

The farcical thing is that DR has failed miserably in the professional game, yet they think we should be involved.  Of course, we know that we'll hear the words "Well, if WE don't offer somewhere for their un-used players to play, they'll start running 'A' teams and take even more of our players".  Yeah right!   Championship Clubs can't afford to run the teams they've got, let alone run additional 'A' teams.

We'll no doubt be warned that the RFL can take away funding of referees and travel.  That will affect us all..... not!

Shocking if the member clubs have already said no and they are trying to introduce this through the back door, is it not more worrying the elected people  that run the league are allowing this to happen, perhaps reminding them there at the discretion of the member clubs will be enough for them to curtail this idea, if not then a vote of no confidence will shock them into action

its sad really as i thought the NCL was the best administered league with the most integrity

On Sunday I was discussing the Leigh Miners victory on facebook with a couple of RL supporting mates in Devon when the CEO (I think that's his title) of one of the Southern based championship 1 clubs came on and said his club would now be able to partner teams like Leigh Miners. I pointed out that I think he got that wrong. Maybe he didn't? Maybe the RFL will get us to accept lads going back to their own amateur clubs and then open it up to everybody else? Thin of the wedge if we accept any of it. Its wrong at all levels.

I have not heard of any club who is in favour of DR .

Will there be a vote is it an agenda item or under the agreeing to the OR is it a done deal ???

The member clubs must INSIST that it goes to a vote.  The notes that were sent out by the Management asked for clubs to report back to the League if they had any comments to make.  If no-one (or very few) gives feedback to the League they will assume that no reply means clubs are in favour of DR or not bothered whether it comes in or not!

Member clubs MUST NOT LET APATHY bring DR into our League - it should only be brought in if the Clubs want it.  If your club is for it OR against it, please respond to the Management (in writing) so that they know how to proceed at the club meeting NEXT WEEK.

Club Reps will be contacting each Club secretary to discuss DR - but don't complain if it is brought in if your club hasn't been bothered to make their feelings known.

In theory (and I stress this) the outline in the letter looks like there'll be some sort of control surrounding the arrangement with clubs able to call on their own players not getting game time at the pro club. It's a slightly different duel reg than between SL & below

I agree that there probably should still be some debate amongst the member clubs. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out and whether in practice it happens as proposed

Its up to each club to stand up and vote for what they believe in,  It's now up to the club's to stand up and say NO!.

Duel registration has been a disaster at pro clubs but they wont admit it and this would see the downfall of the NCL and the amateur game at that level, the RFL now think they no best on all RL maters and think everyone should adhere to what they say,

Lets face it, how many NCL clubs are struggling to field a 1st, 2nd and U18's since switching to summer, how many times have we heard that the standard has dropped since switching to summer and how often do teams travel short since the switch to summer.

The RFL will be big up 1/ Extra players for match day. 2/ The Quality/Standard will go back up on match day.

This could be good for the struggling clubs but what about the players left out at clubs who have adapted to summer rugby.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Lets face it, how many NCL clubs are struggling to field a 1st, 2nd and U18's since switching to summer, how many times have we heard that the standard has dropped since switching to summer and how often do teams travel short since the switch to summer.

The RFL will be big up 1/ Extra players for match day. 2/ The Quality/Standard will go back up on match day.

This could be good for the struggling clubs but what about the players left out at clubs who have adapted to summer rugby.

What it may help with is getting second teams back playing which has been a problem with many clubs. Overall this means more players on the park, not them missing out as you put it. How many games were called off last year due to player numbers? If this arrangements helps stop this trend then surely it's a positive.

There's still the need for debate. The biggest topic I guess is policing the policy.

Archived