Lets pool our ideas

the old nine ole

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the training pitches, I would have said to the developers that first and foremost, we want all our facilities up and running before any houses are built. I'm talking about everything that's on our side of the fence that is seen on the developers plan should be fully constructed, signed off and fully operational.

Then, and only then, can you start building your houses, and start making a load of money for yourselves.

Instead, all I see is houses going up left, right and centre and just a few piles of earth being moved around the stadium.

It's coming up to two years since they started and we ain't got much to look at on our side of the fence.

Crowds will improve if he club market itself. Plenty of ideas some good some bad just need to be spoke about to the right people and them crack on with them when ever the right time is....

There can always be imrovements, of that there is no doubt. Realistically what do you think we should target as a core audience (discounting the games where there are a lot of visiting fans) and over what period of time could that be achieved?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Regarding the training pitches, I would have said to the developers that first and foremost, we want all our facilities up and running before any houses are built. I'm talking about everything that's on our side of the fence that is seen on the developers plan should be fully constructed, signed off and fully operational.

Then, and only then, can you start building your houses, and start making a load of money for yourselves.

Instead, all I see is houses going up left, right and centre and just a few piles of earth being moved around the stadium.

It's coming up to two years since they started and we ain't got much to look at on our side of the fence.

You are obviously an expert at contract negotiations LR - should have had you on board from day one.

I'm sure someone like Wilsden Ram could confirm this but I believe that the development is actually exactly on schedule as described to the fans and media all those years ago.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

There can always be imrovements, of that there is no doubt. Realistically what do you think we should target as a core audience (discounting the games where there are a lot of visiting fans) and over what period of time could that be achieved?

All things are possible, but no one man has the answer ....  

I know I keep banging on about it but some structured research followed by a targeted business plan has to be the way ....  we should not respond to whims and one off ideas .. there should be a review of opportunity followed by an implementation timetable with clear milestones of achievement....  I would use the payback method

I would suggest phase 1 being some form of ideas pool ... perhaps the posters on here should get an invite!!  

Observations

I agree with most of the comments made about the boring style of play to which we have become accustomed this season. I am looking at the scoreboard and thinking..is it only twenty past three?

And I don't think the coach sitting alongside his young son is very professional.

The pre- match  experience is very poor, almost like going to the dentist. Credit to Batley, whenever I go there, I feel like I am walking into a rugby ground and there is a general buzz factor about the place. Is it the outdoor drinking area ? Their fan base seems to consist of a lot more young people and ladies.

Our match day catering is sub-standard, the burgers being amongst  the worst I have tasted. Burgers and chips may be ok for the car booters, but rugby fans need something else - a selection of pies would be a good start. Perhaps the catering contract should stipulate minimum requirements.

It is not surprising that  sales of replica kit has been poor. The design of the shirts  and the colouring was poor. If we are to persist in using red, amber and black, perhaps the most dominant colour should be amber or even white. And an away shirt with no red, amber and black in it at all.   When used in leisure wear,  black and red are unappealing colours to potential buyers.

More link-ups with local Community teams and schools is vital, especially the junior age groups.  If funding could be obtained through Sport England or similar, that would be great.

Things are moving along. The carpark needs to be moved before the pitches can be built. Maybe you noticed on Sunday that the new carpark is starting to take shape behind the sticks.

At least we can actually see things happening. Unlike the greyhound track we were once meant to be getting...

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

I believe the targets should be the juniors... Like I say give every school and amatuer clubs free season ticket cards( plastic bank card style) instead of having to get booklet season tickets from the club. It's quite simple.. The clubs office staff contact the schools, explain the scheme then deliver the season cards to the EVERY SCHOOL in dewsbury for the teachers to hand out. It's about communicating with the town!!! Stand still like we are doing then expect poor crowds and poor income. I'm sorry to say but this year even the die hards find it difficult to get motivated and excited come match day and that's also due to the lack of buzz around the stadium and lack of entertainment pre match and game.... Only trying to be honest.

Observations

I agree with most of the comments made about the boring style of play to which we have become accustomed this season. I am looking at the scoreboard and thinking..is it only twenty past three?

And I don't think the coach sitting alongside his young son is very professional.

I have noticed on the match videos that the coaches son is almost always accompanying him along the touchline and in the dug-out or allocated area. Last year and earlier this year, at Batley, John Kear watched the game from a room behind the sticks and often the language emanating through the walls was an embarrassment to those present including those of us without children. On televised matches the lips of many coaches shown close up, mouth some very un-satisfactory words.

This type of behaviour appears to be the norm for coaches within the family game of Rugby League.

When Club chairman permit this and do nothing to curb it, it is unlikely they will remove the coach for their coaching abilities. Standards in higher management are at the bottom end of acceptable.

Death is not the end. Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush.

paraphrase of Terry Pratchett from Good Omens written in 1990.

Still trying to work out if this post is for the situation or against it?

I always put it down the lad sat beside him on matchdays was

His missus business activities were of greater importance and,while doing the dancing it would have been hard to supervise the little chap is touring the country with her various dance troops.

It's nice to see some quality father & son time... But

Time and place and maybe during a match is not the appropriate time.

My kids complain when I'm raving watching games on TV

And if I'm watching the ram's

They simply go upto their bedrooms

So not to learn any colourful new words.

I'd find it impossible not to get animated like morrison nevermind popping out "flipping eck" in every sentence ;)

I have noticed on the match videos that the coaches son is almost always accompanying him along the touchline and in the dug-out or allocated area. Last year and earlier this year, at Batley, John Kear watched the game from a room behind the sticks and often the language emanating through the walls was an embarrassment to those present including those of us without children. On televised matches the lips of many coaches shown close up, mouth some very un-satisfactory words.

This type of behaviour appears to be the norm for coaches within the family game of Rugby League.

When Club chairman permit this and do nothing to curb it, it is unlikely they will remove the coach for their coaching abilities. Standards in higher management are at the bottom end of acceptable.

So, what pre match entertainment would people like to see?

Is anybody in opposition to

Dallas cowboy cheerleaders

Strippers

Pole dancers

Lap dancers

Piggy's mate tasered

;)

If none of the above are acceptable

Your looking at stuff like

Junior rugby,Bands,singers, majorettes,

How about this for out there

Drone racing.. It's gotta seen to be believed ;)

Ours are fantastic without doubt

And do a tremendous job

But we had for one game as guests a few years back

The wakefield dolls who's halftime gyrations certainly stunned the gimmers of the southstand

Gone but not forgotten :)

Where would you like to see the bands play? Not easy to plan for a band in this country without having somewhere undercover. Having them in the Royal suite or bar would not contribute to a better pre match atmosphere.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Where would you like to see the bands play? Not easy to plan for a band in this country without having somewhere undercover. Having them in the Royal suite or bar would not contribute to a better pre match atmosphere.

Isn't there a stage in the new south stand bar? , Open the doors up, let the carlsberg roll.

Ours are fantastic without doubt

And do a tremendous job

But we had for one game as guests a few years back

The wakefield dolls who's halftime gyrations certainly stunned the gimmers of the southstand

Gone but not forgotten :)

I don't remember that.

I heard that, pardon!

I don't remember that.

I heard that, pardon!

You must have been off on one of your twitching crusades ;)

There was far more interesting birds on display that day at home ;)

Crown Flatter might remember

As I'm sure saint john's ambulance performed cpr on him

Bet grumpy remembers ;)

Archived