• Last visited

• Days Won

Just Browny last won the day on April 24

Just Browny had the most liked content!

Member Profile

Recent Profile Visitors

41,206 profile views

Just Browny's Achievements

1. Another enjoyable trip to St Helens. Warrington had more speed and intensity from the off today and I feel for the Giants fans who made the trip as the game was largely done before they even got a foothold - disappointing in a semi final. The Thewlis-Connor incident was right in front of me but I couldn't make my mind up whether there was much in it. There were a few headshots on Thewlis again and Im worried about the damage that is being done by repeated head blows. Throwing bottles is rubbish though, very stupid.
  2. It was a strange set up today, with half of the crowd crammed into one very, very busy terrace and the other half spread (but not very evenly spread) around the other three sides. I think they continually kid themselves that they can create a 'premium' audience for these games, when 95% of attendees are the normal away fans who will pay the lowest amount to get into the ground. £20 behind the sticks is very reasonable but few wanted to pay £30 or £40 to sit on the side. Charge everyone £25 and I suspect you get more revenue overall and a better spread of fans around the ground, without the sad sight of the middle seated sections entirely empty.
  3. OK, you keep a hold and everyone else will enjoy running around him down that side.
  4. Peters has got a lot more right than wrong, but Hiku has been a terrible bit of recruitment.
  5. The way Wigan commit a professional foul as soon as they turn over possession, to give a way a six-again when it was already the zero tackle, is admirably smart while also taking the mick out of the silly rule.
  6. Besides the, erm, anomaly there, it is potentially a misleading list I guess. Sculthorpe and Briers were 20 and 19 respectively, so while great future players will have had off days as well as good. Much of the rest of the squad looks like many did in that era: a largely chucked together group with many able but transitory players. Maybe if that squad stays together for 2-3 years it really starts to grow, but we had years of chopping and changing until I'd say 2003.
  7. Dave there are ample Facebook pages for this sort of comment. I like and have nostalgia for the shirt but we were pretty rubbish that year.
  8. Haha have you not seen them on Wire threads? We have sold all of our standing tickets and the Facebook groups are awash with folk trying to grab some, but very few seem interested in sitting down. Looking forward to it.
  9. I like Russell. His effort is excellent and in some games he is extremely effective. In two months he will probably have 3/4 good games for Leeds and 1 or 2 stinkers. He had an absolutely disastrous game against Salford the other week and suspect Burgess would rather look at trying out a few younger guys should Ashton or Thewlis be missing.
  10. Our attendances are disappointing but the gap will close when we have home games v Wigan, Saints, Salford and Leeds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.