Leigh V Featherstone. Tues 8pm

Stratobill

Who Do You Think Will Win   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Win , Lose or Draw

• Leigh To Win
    • Featherstone To Win
    • Draw

Daryl Powell and the coaching staff got this spot on. Learned by thier mistakes they made against Toulouse. Some of the passing moves in the second half were awesome.A fully professional performance. Powell has brought something special to this club. He's brought self belief into the players. They will get beat on occasions like most teams but their workrate cannot be faulted. The pass from Kyle to JJP for his try was worth every penny of the admittance money alone. The workrate of Grayshon in particular. The running of Saxton and Welham. And the attitude in defence of all the players when we was under the cosh of a barrage of first half penalties was immense. The tackle of Hardman on Paul over the line when things looked iffy. What a game and what a team. Yes and Leigh did play a part in a very good game....... THERE.. I'M THRILLED TO BITS :P:P:P:P:P

Summed up perfectly Phil, it's a long time since I've enjoyed watching Rovers as much as this and long may it continue. Well done to all concerned. Last night was just awesome.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tackle of Hardman on Paul over the line when things looked iffy.

we got a great view of that being behind the sticks, he was definately held up as well, even the Leigh fans acknowledged what a great tackle it was because he was definate second favourite when he dropped it

he doesnt run in hard enough Hardman for me, like wildbore used to do, but my god he makes up for it for his try saving tackles

Edited by elppaxr2i

Is it my mathematics or yours that are wrong Leigh played Friday then Thursday then Tuesday Friday to Thursday 6 days Thursday to Tuesday 5 days = 11 days No more than a team playing a Sky game really and after all the game against Bradford would have brought in some prize money for you.

All teams have to make do it wasn't Featherstones fault that they had 12 days off it was the Ash Cloud as Toulouse could not travel so last minute arrangements were made to bring forward the Keighley game. Of course an extra day off would have been good for you I don't dispute that. However, Featherstone have to make the journey to the South of France at the end of the week so they have to have some help. I know that Leigh didn't get any for their trip to Limoux and that was wrong because if you had been a French team, the RFL would have postponed your game until you felt able to play (but only if you were French). :rolleyes:

Bob,

I think what irks most of us is the inconsistencies you mention. Of course Rovers - and all teams - should be given the maximum amount of time to travel to France. There is enough advantage for Toulouse when a visiting team has to travel in 'normal' circumstances! However, the RFL forced Dewsbury to travel by bus and play on the Sunday, in Toulouse and then play Leigh in a re-arranged NRC game on the Wednesday. That was disgraceful, as other teams (e.g. Halifax) were allowed weeks to play postponed NRC games.

Then we had to play in Toulouse on Good Friday and at home to Batley on the Monday, when we could only get a flight back on the Sunday. The Limoux farce was a 'one-off', but no allowance was made for Leigh, or Toulouse that weekend, but the RFL bent over backwards to help Lezignan. As I say, it's examples like this, that annoy Leigh fans. (and those of other clubs when it happens to them)

So, for what it's worth, I still think Fev have been stitched up this week, but I hope you can see where we are coming from?

Edited by AlanE