Silverwood to referee Super League Grand Final

Richard Silverwood has been appointed as referee for the 2013 Super League Grand final between Warrington Wolves and Wigan Warriors at Old Trafford on Saturday (6.00pm).

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

I remember when he was in charge in 2010 ccf and the Wire fans and others all said he was a Leeds fan, for years Ganson was thought to be against wire, all rubbish they ref the games and teams adapt to their styles or interpretations, and they get penalised fewer times if they are smart. I don't care who refs it, the players will be in charge of their destiny.

I noticed the smile too, didn't look good did it, not sure if there was a bit of controversy about the try too that could have been referred.

Actually it was wind.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Oh come on, he'll be fine. I thought his worst game was the WCC vs Melbourne when he referred an incredibly slow game, but since then has been our top referee. A bit of banter and a smile is fine and I don't think his style will favour either side. Bring it on!

Warrington's 14th man. He smiled after they scored a try against Hudds last week you know.

And he also grimaced when Hudds scored one of theirs, it was very noticeable. 

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"