Offers announced for Sheffield game

Netherton Ram

The first game to take place in the Championship, this season, is our game against Sheffield Eagles at The Tetley's Stadium.

With this being the first Championship game of the new RL era, the club has announced ticket and drinks offers.

These offers do not only apply to Dewsbury supporters, but also supporters of any other Super League or Championship club.

For full details please visit the website at the link below.

http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/news/article/41557/sheffield-game-kicks-off-new-championship

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Very innovative. Well done to all concerned - lets' hope that this helps to build the crowd over the course of the season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked a box for this match despite being a season ticket holder, guna be bringing my mates to match to let them sample the atmosphere.. Should be a cracking night let's all try makesure we get on to people to attend.. Push afew mates family ect into going... Let's start with a big crowd that Friday night.. Anything over 1k for sheff at home I'd say is a success...doubt the eagles will bring no more than a taxi but you never know

On the subject of the Friday night games,do the club have plans to have one more home game for Friday night? Maybe the Batley game planned for a Sunday could be changed for a Friday after the good crowd and atmosphere last season Tom ?

And there are three or four home games yet to be arranged. One of those might be a Friday.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Mark has indicated that there may be scope to move other matches to a Friday night, but there aren't any concrete plans at this stage. I think a lot depends on the success of the game against Sheffield.

Hope not - can't make Fridays. Don't think I'll be the only one, and it would seem a tad unfair if you base your decision to buy a season ticket on the number of Sunday games. Sorry if that's selfish, but I'm still to be convinced that evening matches get bigger crowds. Maybe somebody has the comparative crowd stats for the season we moved all our matches to Friday.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Hope not - can't make Fridays. Don't think I'll be the only one, and it would seem a tad unfair if you base your decision to buy a season ticket on the number of Sunday games. Sorry if that's selfish, but I'm still to be convinced that evening matches get bigger crowds. Maybe somebody has the comparative crowd stats for the season we moved all our matches to Friday.

Maybe not significantly bigger crowds but much more income apparently. Friday night is spending night for many, except us old gimmers that is.

Archived