Town 26 haven 0

Monkeydo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could easy have been knocking 50 with the chances and territorial dominance , but we struggled at times with our final execution first up and in tricky conditions , but this time we know that the solutions are in place to put the finishing touches to the platform we have - the halfbacks with the quality and game management , and the forwards with the offloading game to create some second phase . When we get those final pieces of class to give a bit more offensive edge in place then I think we can be confident of our position in this league , as it adds to a solid foundation ,and we're certainly gonna be fit and conditioned.

The base is certainly there for us to build on after a couple of trial games to gel . As for them .., I hope they've a lot of players to come in for their sake ...

Hepi's a chip off the old block eh? lol. Good of the jam players to clap their fan at the end too. Nearly 1500 there is good considering there's wall to wall football on tv and the weather.

Olstrum, Fifita, Horton, Walker, Miller, Coward didn't play and it still looked a stroll at times.

Ritson's got some potential hasn't he? Excellent try from nothing. Hope Callum is ok, did he take a cheap whack to the melon from behind?

I think big Perry is gonna be a real weapon this year . Sign of class with the round the corner ball which Carter spilled , and some strong charges . Saw less of it in the second half , but we really need to be making him a go to man in the final 20, and he'll score and create plenty off good ball with some space

Very good first game, liam mcavoy mom for me, never stopped running, decent options in the back line - could really do with the half back sooner than later as maybe Lupton won't be tip top every week but all in all a decent run out in front of a good crowd.

As for haven well there's 4/5 maybe 6 just not up to this standard looking at that, time will tell but Seymour / coyle / cotter / whoever the full back is and hepi are poor at best, thing with hepi is if your going to throw your weight around to be the hard man.. It's best you don't get put on your ass every back you take in lol..

Very pleased :)

Scrappy 1st half, blew cobwebs away though and haven barely created anything. Better 2nd half, haven went head hunting and that's all they had. Aggregate of 68-4 in 2 games with little sign of new players. Shame that.

They have some guile in the middle but no pace to make it count - Seymour again didnt run and faded right out , and Aiye had some nice jinks and feints but didn't have the toe to take advantage . And Coyle as well . Decent skill but no gas to break the line . As for JPB , that's the big step up for you . Looked lightweight and at times that he didn't fancy it much in contact up the middle at all.

First of all the weather conditions were not good for fast open rugby but I think both teams when they had possession tried to do that and unfortunately there was far too much dropped ball.    I thought Town with several players playing for the first time and without the advantage of a previous run out this season looked quite sharp at times and all the new lads went well.    Young Ritson scored his try with exceptional pace and verve from a standing start.    Perry Whiteley is going to be a force on drier pitches but I was a bit bothered to see blue tape down the back of both his hamstrings.    Sam Forrester did everything right when he went to fullback in place of Murphy who as usual always looks safe at the back.    Callum took his try well and got injured when he was hit from behind when Duerden was getting tackled under their sticks.  Rooney came on for his second spell and went off holding his arm after one tackle so I just hope that isn't too serious.     I thought young Scholey did okay as well when he was on and he got through quite a bit of good defensive work.   

For Haven I thought near the end Dion Aiye started to show a bit of what he is about but until then he had done very little.   Seymour, Coyles and Bannister looked to be carrying bigger midriffs than some of the dart players on the telly.    They had had the advantage of a game together but they still appeared to be disjointed and until they get sorted I think they could be in for a hard time. 

All in all I feel confident that when we get our number one selected team out on the park we will go well plus I think having only one travelling player (Jack Murphy) and everyone living local our team spirit will be second to none and more helpful in training.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

There full back must have made 6/7 mistakes today .... Who was he ? Lol

think they call him laporti and got him from Oldham. He is a championship 1 player going by today. Apparently we only scored off their mistakes and we will get relegated too. Oh dear.

think they call him laporti and got him from Oldham. He is a championship 1 player going by today. Apparently we only scored off their mistakes and we will get relegated too. Oh dear.

There was no mistake with Stacks try as he took 2 defenders over the line with him.

Callum's try was a great piece of work selling a perfect dummy and diving over when Haven were expecting us to stretch them.

Ritson's try was a dropped ball 20 odd yards out which he picked up and had plenty to do to go round and between 3 defenders to score.

I'll give them Mossop's try was a complete error by Haven's Burns who dropped the ball and Jason just had to pick it up and score.

The thing is though, how many did they score off our mistakes?   ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

That blue tape on hamstrings is used as preventatives rather than aids. Because of the cold weather it was probably a very sensible thing to do

Nothing worse than hamstring aids.

Same old ###### from the daft jameaters, best of 2 bad teams been mentioned by them yet? They are in real trouble, way of the pace and not much to bring in. We are in a lovely position of a positive first game with plenty of quality to bring in. Happy days.

Nothing worse than hamstring aids.

Same old ###### from the daft jameaters, best of 2 bad teams been mentioned by them yet? They are in real trouble, way of the pace and not much to bring in. We are in a lovely position of a positive first game with plenty of quality to bring in. Happy days.

if you look who they had missing, Calvert,jjp and maybe 1 or 2 others. We had olstrum, ell, fifita, walker, Horton, aikhurst, coward, the wigan lads and another quality half. Hmmm I know who should be the more optimistic, and who are in HUGE trouble.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

We've got a lot to be positive and optimistic about at the moment. To come into that team we potentially have a new half back, plus Fifita, Horton, Coward, Walker, Olstrum, Miller and whatever Wigan send up. Plus of course the best coach in the league to pull it all together. We are a long way from the finished article but we are certainly heading in the right direction.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived