Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-01/parramatta-eels-semi-radradra-charged-with-domestic-abuse/7559796

Parramatta Eels star Semi Radradra has been charged with three counts of domestic violence after being arrested at Sydney Airport on Thursday night.

Police said the 24-year-old was arrested and questioned after he arrived back in Australia from Fiji.

They said he has now been charged with three counts of domestic violence-related assaults and was also served with an apprehended violence order.

Radradra was released on conditional bail and will appear in Parramatta Local Court on Tuesday.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-01/parramatta-eels-semi-radradra-charged-with-domestic-abuse/7559796

Parramatta Eels star Semi Radradra has been charged with three counts of domestic violence after being arrested at Sydney Airport on Thursday night.

Police said the 24-year-old was arrested and questioned after he arrived back in Australia from Fiji.

They said he has now been charged with three counts of domestic violence-related assaults and was also served with an apprehended violence order.

Radradra was released on conditional bail and will appear in Parramatta Local Court on Tuesday.

Well, if he's found guilty, RU can have him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Big clear out at the Titans,very surprising this. Mead,Douglas,Zillman,Hoffman,Mortimer,Srama,Moseley and several others all told they can look elsewhere by coach,Neil Henry. Don`t think this will help them win in Auckland tomorrow,but Henry clearly has his mind set on the future and no doubt we`ll be seeing some major signings at Robina before next season.

Radradra joined his Eels teammates on Friday morning and is expected to play against Cronulla on Saturday night.

It’s understood the troubled star has told the NRL club he wants to play.

Radradra’s first training session in two weeks lasted 45 minutes and it came

Radradra snuck into training on Friday morning and bypassed the media as coach Brad Arthur spoke to reporters.

Asked whether he would give Radradra the option of standing down, Arthur said: “Yes.”

Pressed further on whether Radradra would be in the right frame of mind to play, he said: “Like I said, I haven’t spoken to Semi (so) we’ll talk to him and see where he’s at.

“The first process is we need to talk to Semi and his manager and see how he is. The priority for us is his welfare at the moment. Until I’ve spoken to him, it’s very hard.

“Whether I’m happy with it or not, that’s just how it is. That’s the situation.

“We need to talk to Semi and need to go through the whole process. We need to speak to the NRL. There’s a lot of stuff to happen.”

Radradra will appear in Parramatta Local Court next Tuesday after being granted conditional bail

Edited by G Las D

THE South Sydney Rabbitohs have stood down Paul Carter indefinitely for disciplinary reasons.

The club’s official line is that the former Gold Coast Titans player missed a training session last week but The Saturday Telegraph understands there have been other issues.

Coach Michael Maguire says a decision on Carter’s future will be made next week.

He refused to rule out sacking the 24-year-old utility forward.

“He has been stood down for disciplinary reasons and we’ve got to assess where we’re going with the player,” Maguire said.

Benji Marshall faces a bleak future at St George Illawarra with negotiations stalling despite the Dragons missing out on Luke Keary.

The Dragons had earmarked Keary to be Gareth Widdop’s long-term halves partner at the club, but were caught out when the Rabbitohs pivot opted to join the Roosters for the two years.

After Keary decided against joining the club, it was anticipated the Dragons would recommence negotiations with Marshall. But this has not happened, with the 31-year-old now negotiating with a handful of rival clubs.

The Bulldogs and Roosters are closely monitoring Kieran Foran’s position at the Parramatta Eels.
There has been interest from both clubs since it emerged on Tuesday that the former New Zealand Test five-eighth had been stripped of the captaincy and handed a $5000 breach notice.
Apparently Foran has spoken to his old Manly coach Des Hasler and his manager may have received a phone call from the Roosters. Neither the Bulldogs nor Roosters are in a position to make an offer because it could be seen as trying to entice a player to break a legal contract.

Benji Marshall faces a bleak future at St George Illawarra with negotiations stalling despite the Dragons missing out on Luke Keary.

The Dragons had earmarked Keary to be Gareth Widdop’s long-term halves partner at the club, but were caught out when the Rabbitohs pivot opted to join the Roosters for the two years.

After Keary decided against joining the club, it was anticipated the Dragons would recommence negotiations with Marshall. But this has not happened, with the 31-year-old now negotiating with a handful of rival clubs.

At this stage of his career, Benji would be better off going to England or... retired. Who's gonna call him next? Parramatta? Newcastle?

Edited by Vichyssoise

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

rugby-league-thomas-leuluai-wigan_348755

Thomas Leuluai has re-signed for Wigan Warriors

Leuluai returns to the Warriors after four years with NRL side New Zealand Warriors, during which time he won 38 international caps at hooker."It was always part of our long-term plans for Tommy to return to Wigan," said chairman Ian Lengan. "We have remained in contact over the last few years and it is clear that he still has a great affinity for the Wigan club.

Someone needs to sit Benji down for a serious talk. I can't believe he hasn't sacked his manager. He demanded $900K at Wests. We offered $800K and he stamped his feet and held his breath until he went Auckland Blue for $350K. St George offered him $350K and he said no. He shopped around and couldn't get an offer anywhere at $300K.

For God's sake Benji, get some better advice or learn how to take a hint.

South Sydney says centre Kirisome Auva'a has breached the NRL's drug-testing policy twice.

The league issued Auva'a with a notice of contravention, but the club said he did not test positive to an illicit or hazardous substance, "but contravened the rules as set out in the NRL policy".

Sounds like he didn't fail, more like he dodged the test.

THE South Sydney Rabbitohs have stood down Paul Carter indefinitely for disciplinary reasons.

The club’s official line is that the former Gold Coast Titans player missed a training session last week but The Saturday Telegraph understands there have been other issues.

Coach Michael Maguire says a decision on Carter’s future will be made next week.

He refused to rule out sacking the 24-year-old utility forward.

“He has been stood down for disciplinary reasons and we’ve got to assess where we’re going with the player,” Maguire said.

Story currently doing the rounds at Redfern that Craig Bellamy is after Paul Carter to join the Storm, Now I'm fine with that but what I'm not ok with is the possibility other clubs are getting into the ear of our contracted players and perhaps suggesting they play up in order to get the sack. I also suspect this may well have been part of the Chris Grevsmuhl ordeal.

Hope I'm wrong but I guess we will see when Souths sack Carter.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Reports surfaced on Friday morning (8th July 2016) that their marquee player Kieran Foran had decided to walk out on his multi-million dollar contract with the club and take an indefinite break from rugby league.
The Eels are sitting in fifth on the NRL ladder, but with their 12-point penalty looming, they need to win virtually every game from here to secure a finals birth.
The same can be said for their oppon

MANLY star Dylan Walker is out of rugby league for four weeks after injuring his hand as a result of punching the front door of his northern beaches apartment over the weekend.

The Sea Eagles have fined Walker $10,000 and issued him with a breach notice following the incident, and the star centre is now set to miss a month of NRL football.

“They admitted Walker struck out with frustration and stupidity when he had trouble opening the wooden front door to his apartment.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/dylan-walker-injured-after-punching-front-door/news-story/94b7a6a2e58bbb9876937b87308132ab

I blame the club for finding him a flat with one of those weird, rocket-scientist front doors. You know the ones where you unlock first then open. How is Walker supposed to remember all that every time he goes home?