Anybody ever cancelled Premier Sports?

I'm just wondering what information I'd need to cancel premier sports, so I can have it ready for when I phone them up on monday morning.

Didn't cancel ours just let it run out in the off season. Make sure you've watched anything you've sky + first because you'll lose it.

I accidentally cancelled last year. I changed banks accounts and that was one of my debits that's got missed. The thing that surprised me was that I only realised 3 months later when the NRL season started again. They didn't ring me up to ask or let me know or anything.

I rang them but can't remember what details I had at the time. They offered me a very good price to continue so I did.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I've cancelled a couple of times, only successful once so far.

in 2013 I had it for 2 months on a deal for the World Cup and cancelling was straight forward - just rang up.

In 2014 I also had it for 2 months for the 4 Nations and the Aussie Grand Final. However, this time when cancelling, Premier have taken a leaf out of Sky's book and try and find ways to keep you, and they are now very specific about the dates you can ring up to cancel. You have to ring up at least 30 days before your subscription runs out.

I've extended my subs as they offered the normal £11.99 sub to be spread over 3 months, which I gave in on, and glad I did as have been able to watch a lot of NRL. But come the end of April I will be cancelling as I simply won't be around or have time to watch the NRL. I'm guessing that this time I will have to be more firm with them this time to cancel

I've cancelled a couple of times, only successful once so far.

in 2013 I had it for 2 months on a deal for the World Cup and cancelling was straight forward - just rang up.

In 2014 I also had it for 2 months for the 4 Nations and the Aussie Grand Final. However, this time when cancelling, Premier have taken a leaf out of Sky's book and try and find ways to keep you, and they are now very specific about the dates you can ring up to cancel. You have to ring up at least 30 days before your subscription runs out.

I've extended my subs as they offered the normal £11.99 sub to be spread over 3 months, which I gave in on, and glad I did as have been able to watch a lot of NRL. But come the end of April I will be cancelling as I simply won't be around or have time to watch the NRL. I'm guessing that this time I will have to be more firm with them this time to cancel

Exactly the same with me. I rang up to cancel after the 4 Nations and got the same deal. I haven't the time to watch it properly, and cancelling it was more because of that, rather than the overall value for money, although I've watched a bit of GAA on it recently.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

I love Premier sports. It's the best value sports channel by far.

The problem for me is I don't like watching games in which I know the result beforehand. As there so many NRL games on its sometimes difficult to avoid reading the results elsewhere. If that happens I tend to run the games thro at either at 6x or 12x and then just re watch the tries.

The other problem of course is that watching NRL shows up just how substandard we are in this country.

Not only way behind in the playing of the game, our prentation via SKY is light years behind theAussie channels.

The only thing that seems to be more intense here is the passion of fans at the games. Australian fans are pretty quiet compared to ours. Perhaps that's because our grounds are more " intimate" than theirs.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived