Training 2night

troutmaster

Good session tonight for the lads,phil had them going through some new moves that will be used at the big bash at blackpool.The cumbria storm were training with the big boys tonight at the stadium,and i say big boys,but there is some big lads coming with the storm,well the team for blackpool were getting into their positions and it looked a strong side on the field, i was a bit worried by the size of the haven pack but the pack out on the field was a big pack indeed.The backs look very fast out there tonight,we had young doran leading, with shorrocks by his side,tierney was on the wing with gildart assisting him and on the other side we had mossop and our flier elliot miller,so all in all we do not have a bad side indeed,the subs bench was not available to us has phil will still being careful with his choices,but you have to wonder who will sub for matty,but by some of the old wise boys they had doran switching with matty and forber to come into the halves accompanying shorrocks.Well if you are going to blackers for the day,give the lads a big shout while you are there,they do appreciate it,in fact one big player said he can hear when the popular side boys give a roar,so at blackpool there is good ambience so let it rip and hope the boys get a good win.

It seems PV doesn't feel willing to put Lucock in for whatever reason . Spelling Matty with him , carrying on sniping up the middle against this big pack on the wide open spaces , seems most straightforward , with Olstrum and walker as running forwards , but not to be . I can see a big game for Matty here . Donald says it's a big pack , on a big playing area . Matty should see that as a big opportunity at the ruck

It seems PV doesn't feel willing to put Lucock in for whatever reason . Spelling Matty with him , carrying on sniping up the middle against this big pack on the wide open spaces , seems most straightforward , with Olstrum and walker as running forwards , but not to be . I can see a big game for Matty here . Donald says it's a big pack , on a big playing area . Matty should see that as a big opportunity at the ruck

It's a while since Matty scored, he's due one on Saturday ;) . I think Lucocks lack of match fitness could be what's concerning PV, he's been out for quite a while now, I expect to see him on the field in the Fax game. Is Deurden fit yet ? I think most of us on here would like to see more of this kid.

Maybe so . Shame Callum is injured . The likes of him or Logan Tomkins could have been set up for this along with Matty . What about fifita - Barry said he was being ' strapped ' . On what ? Is it always the same chronic injury ?

It's a while since Matty scored, he's due one on Saturday ;) . I think Lucocks lack of match fitness could be what's concerning PV, he's been out for quite a while now, I expect to see him on the field in the Fax game. Is Deurden fit yet ? I think most of us on here would like to see more of this kid.

Yes,duerden is fit.I cannot understand why he has no faith in this kid,we all he has never let us down whenever he gets on the field,we needed a centre,he is one,we needed a looseforward,he is one,so what the hell has he got to do to catch phils attention,well thats upto phil.

Maybe so . Shame Callum is injured . The likes of him or Logan Tomkins could have been set up for this along with Matty . What about fifita - Barry said he was being ' strapped ' . On what ? Is it always the same chronic injury ?

Fifita is back in training but i do not think he will be ready on saturday,looked like he wanted to but think phil knows he is not yet ready to start.The knee injury looks to be over but only phil will know when he gets the nod.

Yes,duerden is fit.I cannot understand why he has no faith in this kid,we all he has never let us down whenever he gets on the field,we needed a centre,he is one,we needed a looseforward,he is one,so what the hell has he got to do to catch phils attention,well thats upto phil.

Totally agree Trouty. I think he's one of our better players. Use him or lose him.

Totally agree Trouty. I think he's one of our better players. Use him or lose him.

I agree as well.   It is difficult to understand why he hasn't featured more for us.  The only times I have seen him play he has never let us down or looked out of place, the Fev game last season I thought he was our best player always going forward.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Fifita is back in training but i do not think he will be ready on saturday,looked like he wanted to but think phil knows he is not yet ready to start.The knee injury looks to be over but only phil will know when he gets the nod.

saw him earlier picking his litte one up from schoool, still limping by the look of it

Archived