Hull FC and Hull KR to merge...

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even work this out, please bear with me. Do Catalans have an academy team in the academy league or not?

Oh - and why would the Academy be an indicator for the senior team? Has this been the case previously?

Ignoring all the other questions , and if the answer to no 6 was Hull United were given a licence direct into a locked in/out SL , you would then get requests from fan organisations to enter start up clubs in the Championships , these would have to be refused , otherwise your potential fan base for Hull United would be diluted , I believe this could/would result in legal action ,

Eventually ( maybe 10 , possibly 20 years ) down the line the link to 2 defunct clubs might not be an issue , but it would be a huge problem initially IMO

On what grounds could you instigate legal action, I can't think of any.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I can't even work this out, please bear with me. Do Catalans have an academy team in the academy league or not?

Oh - and why would the Academy be an indicator for the senior team? Has this been the case previously?

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-9/109-3417-u19-leeds-v-dragons-match-report/

Academies are a indication that clubs are looking to the future.

Club academies are the future not area academies.

Clubs with no academies show me they have no anbition.

No amibition means no Super League place for them imo.

Les Catalans are obviously different.

It may be that having an SL academy is the best thing for them, it may not, but there are clear differences between them and the other sides.

On what grounds could you instigate legal action, I can't think of any.

Hang on padge, These clubs don't even exist to bring a legal action, nor has he explained any likely scenario where they could.

What legal action they could take, is a million miles further down the track from where we are, Who these imaginary people are and what they are trying to achieve hasn't even been decided yet.

Right now all we know is apparently that old starry thinks someone, somewhere, representing some people will be suing someone (the RFL I presume?) for something. And that is an opinion worth the same as every other opinion.

Hang on padge, These clubs don't even exist to bring a legal action, nor has he explained any likely scenario where they could.

What legal action they could take, is a million miles further down the track from where we are, Who these imaginary people are and what they are trying to achieve hasn't even been decided yet.

Right now all we know is apparently that old starry thinks someone, somewhere, representing some people will be suing someone (the RFL I presume?) for something. And that is an opinion worth the same as every other opinion.

Aaww  come on, I want to know his answer, you're going around spoiling it.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

If someone had said just a few weeks ago that the 2 youth academies would soon merge you would have said that would never happen. And yet here is this thread.

All evidence suggests that it will happen and it is just a matter of "when" and not "if".

See there you are again , pretending you know the future because ' all evidence ' suggests it

What evidence ?

Of course this imaginary club bringing legal action doesn't exist , just as the imaginary Hull club that you and others are suggesting should exist , doesn't

So the relevance of discussing imaginary clubs is what exactly ?

Already asked and answered , not that you'll accept that , your still smarting from your ridiculous rant about explaining the structure to thick Wiganers

All the best

Point me to the answer then.

As a thick Wiganer you may have to help me.

Point me to the answer then.

As a thick Wiganer you may have to help me.

So you want me to point you in the direction that people with an interest in an imaginary future club might want to take legal action against the RFL because of a refusal to allow the said imaginary club to join the RFL because the RFL didn't want the said imaginary club to adversely affect a different future imaginary club that doesn't exist and probably never will ?

Yes you are a thick Wiganer

So you want me to point you in the direction that people with an interest in an imaginary future club might want to take legal action against the RFL because of a refusal to allow the said imaginary club to join the RFL because the RFL didn't want the said imaginary club to adversely affect a different future imaginary club that doesn't exist and probably never will ?

Yes you are a thick Wiganer

Yes, that's the question he asked. What legal action could this club you have imagined in your head that has no owners, fans, players or stadium take against the RFL for not letting them in as you asserted?

You could just say "I have no idea what legal action could be taken but because I think of myself as a 'traditionalist' and am against this sort of thing, I thought I would make something up, got caught out and am now trying desperately to dance around that" that's what everyone is thinking any way, and no amount of childish insults will cover it.

Les Catalans are obviously different.

It may be that having an SL academy is the best thing for them, it may not, but there are clear differences between them and the other sides.

Well Hull FC and Hull KR are obviously different. They are the only two SL teams in the same city. Sharing an academy (and the associated costs) may be the best thing for them. It may turn out not to be. But there are clear differences between them and other sides.

I don't think that there is anything other than opinion that says that because two academies will merge the senior teams will follow suit.

Well Hull FC and Hull KR are obviously different. They are the only two SL teams in the same city. Sharing an academy (and the associated costs) may be the best thing for them. It may turn out not to be. But there are clear differences between them and other sides.

I don't think that there is anything other than opinion that says that because two academies will merge the senior teams will follow suit.

I think your incorrect in one way because there are other places where an academy can be shared like Castleford and Wakefield, Widnes and Warrington, Fartown and Bradford if they were promoted and you have to take into account the RFL are chasing eight "Super academies".

In total theory the sharing could indicate a merger, but in practice we know Hudgell won't do this and has stated so.

Sharing an academy is more to do with the RFL creating less of them but better ones. It has no link to sharing an SL club. Wether kids are in one academy or two they still retain the freedom to sign on at one club or the other or somewhere else. and the one feature that makes people say "hang on" is the "draft" idea in which the young dyed in the wool Robin is told he has to go be an Airlie Bird.

If Hull have spent six seasons in the super 8 and Rovers have slipped to championship then the young lad may well be happy to do so as he'll get a bigger wage and a place at an Elite club.

The academy costs are being shared, but the two clubs look set to fight over the spoils, they just don't look set to merge.

Go back to the days when Hull had 13,000 fans and went to Old Trafford and Wembley, go back to the days when Rovers didn't have a penny and crowds were down to 1,000. These clubs are more likely to be competing to be top dogs rather than create a mongrel and merging the academy changes nothing as they will still fight over the best players unless this "draft" idea actually works.

The borough was merged with the city in 1974.

I'm saying in the same way hull fc and hull kr share hulk. Wakefield and cas and Fev share wakefield

I do hope we don't have several pages of argument over boundaries.

Top academy players know no boundaries, they even cross the Pennines regularly to further their careers.

What they wanted to do with RL never went away for me, it would have done had the game thrived, but the suggested mergers 1996 were enough to indicate how some in control of the game recognise local barriers are irrelevant to the development and furtherence of the game.

Lets hope the imaginary river boundaries between Hull & HKR and Leeds & Hunslet don't come in!

It may be argued Leeds and Hunslet share an academy!!

Leeds and Hunslet don't share an academy. Hunslet just don't have one.

I actually like what leeds and Hunslet are doing not only at developing players for a pro career but also at amateur and much younger ages too. However that only works because they can work together and aren't in competition with each other

The borough was merged with the city in 1974.

I'm saying in the same way hull fc and hull kr share hulk. Wakefield and cas and Fev share wakefield

No, Hull FC and Hull KR are both within Kingston upon Hull. Wakefield, Cas and Fev are all within the metropolitan borough of the city of Wakefield. Once again, it looks like we'll have to agree to disagree.

I do hope we don't have several pages of argument over boundaries.

Nah, don't worry about it. I'll believe google maps and wiki over scotchy, and he'll believe his sources over mine. I'll leave it there. Especially as that wasn't really my point. My point is more, if you look closely enough I am sure you can find differences between any academies that can lead to the qualification of different approaches.

The even bigger and more important question (which I would much rather discuss than whether Cas is in the City of Wakefield) is - what has gone before that suggests that a senior team will follow the course of the academy?

We don't have to agree to disagree. You are just wrong. Wakefield is the metropolitan borough of the City of Wakefield. You use wiki and Google maps I'll use the local government act of 1972.

Regardless, if you want to stick to your guns, even though they are wrong, it's not a meaningful difference like the fact Les Catalans are not only French gut currently the only French side.

Leeds and Hunslet don't share an academy. Hunslet just don't have one.

I actually like what leeds and Hunslet are doing not only at developing players for a pro career but also at amateur and much younger ages too. However that only works because they can work together and aren't in competition with each other

Hunslet pick up players from the Leeds academy, I think you know what I mean because you yourself say they work together.

But you can keep the point you scored....

Archived