Reserves Championship Play-Offs: Dewsbury v Featherstone

andyram

That was a good contest last night; it offered good rugby, some tight defensive work, the occasional attacking flair and, sparking from nothing much, a big fight!

I wasn't certain how many were dismissed for sure; I was watching Kenga and his counterpart walking off and then noticed two more Rovers players coming off behind them. Those around me seemed puzzled too. I noticed "Reg Gasnier" didn't take kindly to criticism of Jordan Grayston's actions in the bust-up. He was heard to say that the lad can do nothing wrong in his eyes.

Didn't think Dewsbury were allowed to play their normal game with Featherstone matching their opponents throughout the game. Five tries apiece shows the closeness of the match. Seymour looked to control the game before he went off and again, on his return.

Congratulations on reaching the final and credit to the coaches on the way the reserves have played this season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he can do wrong in my eyes flatter and I tell him didn't realise I was being interviewed for fans forum or I'd have chosen my words carefully thought it was a bit of fun banter , but hey when I played the game there were plenty of niggle teams around dewsbury heath rangers and celtic spring to mind used to add to the exitment but some folk have gone soft I suppose,bit off biff mixed in with some good rugby is what most supporters want to see if their honest

One thing that I liked about the game was how the interchange bench was used. They were brought on, as and when required, not when the clock dictated

The 1st half duel between Blackmore and Crookes was very entertaining too, as neither of them were willing to give an inch to each other. Shame that Crookes was brought off at half time.

One thing that's strange to me this season is this. Why have I been so satisfied watching our reserves, but at times, been so annoyed when watching the firsts? Maybe there's less pressure I suppose.

With regard to the Final next week, I don't reckon that they give much thought to the average supporter when they organise a game on a Friday night with a 7.30 KO. From my own point of view, I've got to get home from work, have some tea, get washed and changed, then set off for the challenge of the M62! No chance I'm afraid. The game should've been played on the Saturday. Also, the match might be played on the field adjacent to the stadium, which by all accounts is only a park field. Not very fitting I'd say.

Despite my belly aching in the previous paragraph, I'd like to say that watching our lads this season has been very enjoyable, and I hope that they come back from Leigh with the cup on Friday night. Good luck lads.

One thing that I liked about the game was how the interchange bench was used. They were brought on, as and when required, not when the clock dictated

The 1st half duel between Blackmore and Crookes was very entertaining too, as neither of them were willing to give an inch to each other. Shame that Crookes was brought off at half time.

One thing that's strange to me this season is this. Why have I been so satisfied watching our reserves, but at times, been so annoyed when watching the firsts? Maybe there's less pressure I suppose.

With regard to the Final next week, I don't reckon that they give much thought to the average supporter when they organise a game on a Friday night with a 7.30 KO. From my own point of view, I've got to get home from work, have some tea, get washed and changed, then set off for the challenge of the M62! No chance I'm afraid. The game should've been played on the Saturday. Also, the match might be played on the field adjacent to the stadium, which by all accounts is only a park field. Not very fitting I'd say.

Despite my belly aching in the previous paragraph, I'd like to say that watching our lads this season has been very enjoyable, and I hope that they come back from Leigh with the cup on Friday night. Good luck lads.

Why don't you avoid the car journey,the club are organizing a coach to Leigh for only £10,phone the club to put your name down,also think the kick off is at 8.

Any score or are you all too busy celebrating Batley staying up?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Chomping at the bit here

I presume it's not good news with the lack of news :(

Twitter Coolie - it's all on there.

Nip and tuck with 5 minutes to go.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Twitter Coolie - it's all on there.

Nip and tuck with 5 minutes to go.

Looks like we've won it in the last minute.

Wish I'd been there instead of stuck in boring sunny, cheap, panoramic Spain. Tschh!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Time to get J Schofield signed up to a good contract before anyone else comes sniffing around.

You all know who I mean.

Looks like we've won it in the last minute.

Wish I'd been there instead of stuck in boring sunny, cheap, panoramic Spain. Tschh!

Absolutely outstanding performance. Terrific entertainment and fantastic result. Full marks to all from 1~17.

If I've enjoyed a first team game more I can't remember when.

To see all the lads picking up their medals at the end was outstanding.

Thank you MS for having the vision to run the seconds.

Great following from Rams too.

Archived